1

I'm this close to being deaf from how much music's blasting right now.

Who said coming here was a good idea in the first place?

Oh right.

I roll my eyes when I remind myself why I'm here in the first place.

Luna had just turned eighteen and she apparently wanted to try her first drink at an expensive bar near by.

The lights have been dimmed down and every now and then, mellow beam of lights glide across wasted bodies dancing hyperly.

I cringe at the sight of someone puking from the corner. My stomach wasn't prepared to see that view so I momentarily find myself finding for distraction before I copy him.

I take in a steady breath and remind myself why I'm really here.

I need to watcg over the girl and make sure she doesn't get into trouble.

If I keep my focus on this thought, it might not be that bad.

"Holy crap!" I flinch at the sight of someone collapsing right in front of me. For a moment there, I think my soul just left my body and retreated to hell.

I did not sign up for this crap.

The man on the floor gets picked up by his equally drunk friends and they flee out of the bar.

I find myself rapidly tapping on the counter to get the attention of the bar tender.

Drink.

I need something to cool my throat.

And even Luna doesn't show up in the next five minutes, I'm pushing through bodies to find her.

It's almost past mid night and I promised her parents I would have her back before then.

If I can't have her back before her curfew, I'm screwed.

Upon my beckoning, the man with light brown hair and a gentle smile glides over to me while wiping a wine bottle clean. "Yes, Miss? What can I get you?"

"A virgin Cuba libre."

The bartender blinks his eyes and shows a flustered smile, almost like he's hesitant to speak. "That's um. Rumun coke without the rum."

"Excatly."

"Okay miss." After turning his back on me for a few minutes, he returns with my drink and sets it in front of me.

"Enjoy."

"I'll try to." I laugh, zero enthusiasm. Then I take the straw between my lips and finish it all in one sip.

A sudden slip of my name slices the air between me and my coke, causing me turn around.

Luna staggers from the crowd to reach where I'm sitting, a slur in her tone as she throws her body on me. "Y/n! Why aren't you dancing? Stop being such a party pooper and get that cute ass of yours over there!"

She obviously had way too much drinks than she can handle.

I scrunch my nose and throw my head to the side, making a puking face for a moment before looking back at her.

That's it.

We're going home.

But how do I get her to stop yanking me?

A thought plummets in.

She might wake up with a neck sorer than her hangover but it's a risk I'm willing to take.

"You're gonna hate me for this." I look up at the crowds dancing to their hearts content.

No one's looking.

Good.

Without thinking twice, I strike my palm right between Luna's shoulder and chin, at the exactly place I know a certain nerve should be.

She blacks out while still in my arms and I let out a groan from how heavy she is right now.

Through so much difficulty, I manage to get her out of there.

I throw her arm over my shoulders and have her lean on me for balance.

I'm pretty sure I parked the car in here somewhere. After two minutes of searching, I find it sitting between two grey vans- that were definitely not there earlier.

Either way, I unlock the car and toss my drunk friend inside before leaning against it.

Who knew looking after a drunk friend would be this exhausting?

Usually, I would have my other friends keep an eye on me.

This is what I get for moving cities and making new friends. I should have expected this.

After resting for a few minutes, I take in a deep breath and check my phone for the time.

I still have an hour to get her home.

Hopefully her parents wont be too surprised when they see their daughter unconscious.

Just as I'm about to reach for the door, footsteps coaxes me to turn around.

I'm suddenly surrounded by man in their late twenties - drunk and wasted.

"Hi there little missy." One utters with a slur in his tone. I dont like the way he's staring at me.

Especially when his eyes lands on Luna all passed out in the car. My teeth grinds together in retrained irritation.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." My voice comes out firm and crossed. "She's already taken."

"And what if she is?" They begin to inch closer, causing me to take a step back.

My hand reaches for the door and I slam it shut before pressing my spine against it.

Four against one.

When I moved to this place, I obviously didnt sign up for this.

I guess I got more than I bargained for.

"This is gonna be fu--"

A knife landing right where the tip of his toes ends interjects his words easily

If they had aimed it a millimeter to the left, it would have cut of a toe.

We all whirl our heads to the side.

Bad idea.

Because the moment I lock gazes with those dark eyes I haven't seen for so long, a shudder slithers down my spine like a snake.

Scared out of my wits, my first instinct is to yank the door of the car open and slide into the driver's seat.

He found me.

Holy crap.

I dont waste a breath and quickly drive away from there.

Our gaze meet again but instead of the gentle look I had shamelessly gotten so used to, a burning fury is all I can see.

He's mad.

And it's because of me.