4

I felt as though my lungs was getting squeezed.

My fingers curled as I watch him allow himself to fall victim to these bullies.

Time seems to slow down as he slowly lets go of the edge, disappearing from my sight the next second.

He jumped.

He actually jumped.

"Let's get out of here." One student yells to the rest. My ears deafens by what I had just seen and my mind turns hazy.

Fuzzy memories fog my vision and my knees begins to shake from fear. Suddenly I can't hear or see anything, a blurry abyss of pictures swallowing me whole.

I dont like this feeling.

This feeling of restraint.

This had to be a dream.

A nightmare.

They try to leave the area.

Try.

But to no avail. Students have swarmed the entrance, yelling, murmuring, capturing the real culprits of the crime.

Fear can be seen in those eyes that once held pride and mischief. If they were laughing just moments ago, it's different now.

And it doesn't take long before sirens begin to fill the air.

-

I have to get out of here.

My fingers reach for the nearest rod standing at the side, swinging it over my shoulder in a defensive pose.

"You rat me out and I swear I'll hit you." I bare my teeth at him, spitting empty threats. But he doesn't need to know that. He's blocking my path. And all I need is for him to take a few inches to the side.

Then I'll make a run for it.

Because with each passing second, the possibility of him popping up becomes bigger.

A shiver slithers down my spine even at just the thought of it.

I watch as Jimin's eyes size up with shock as he extends a stopping palm towards me.

"No." He whisper shrieks, phone still pressed against his ear. "I won't expose you. Now put it down."

He may be whispering under the influence of panic, but who's to say this isnt all for show.

And as much as I'd want to believe that he wants to help me right now, I'm having a hard time doing that. My fingers remain tight on the rod. If I have to, I won't hesitate and swing a homerun for the sake of my sanity.

At this point, I'm well aware that I'm lying to myself. As if I'd ever hurt him.

But I know now for a fact that he's the one who gave him my number.

And he'll have to do more than just tell me he won't expose me any time soon.

"Y/n-"

The phone's still against his ear and yet he still has the guts to mention my name. He was only stalling. Again.

I take my chance and run past him.

Does he follow? I refuse to take the risk of looking back.

For now, I just need to get home without getting cornered again.

The car that had been following is no where to be found. But that doesn't I can relax yet.

I still have to be alert until I get back home.

I manage to slip in a bus after two minutes and on the seat, I collapse with heavy breathes.

I cant remember the last time I have ran that fast. It's a feeling I dont exactly miss so much.

I wipe the sweat from my forehead, ignoring the weird looks coming from a couple of passengers.

I just need to get home, rest and pray that tomorrow won't be so hectic.