five

"God, Jen, it's a joke

"God, Jen, it's a joke."

***

Stiles was right about Melody Lane; it definitely wasn't a club. There were only two clubs in the town, and one of them was a gay bar. You didn't even need an ID to get into Melody Lane. The bouncer just let anyone who looked old enough to drink inside.

At the door, the bouncer tatted their hands with a black marker. He drew a large cross, allowing them entry. "I cannot wait until we're old enough to get wasted at bars. It'll be hilarious."

"Yeah, but one of us will have to be the designated driver," Jennifer mentioned, imagining that it would have to be her.

They strolled past a gaggle of high school boys, including Ethan's twin brother, Aidan. "Hey, Lydia. You look really pretty."

"Thanks, Aidan." She responded. Once he was out of earshot, she whispered to her friend. "Ugh, I banged him months ago, and he still thinks that he can get with me."

Jennifer surveyed the room, spotting a lonesome boy nearby. "Hey, it's Ahmet from India. He's that foreign exchange student."

"I wonder if he's circumcised. I've always wanted to try a sea cucumber." She joked. Though, in response, Jennifer glared at her in disgust. "God, Jen, it's a joke."

"Well, well, well. Lydia Martin." Jordan Parrish, the Sheriff's deputy, approached the two. "What's a girl like you doing in a place like this?"

"I could ask you the same thing." She retorted.

"Got the night off." He smirked at her, looking Lydia up and down. "You doing anything after the gig?"

"For your information, Parrish, I'm taken now," Lydia smugly informed him. "And, by the way, we had a fling during the summer. It's January and I'm over it."

Before he could argue or configure a comeback, Jennifer observed the band emerge from backstage. "Look, there's the band."

They spun around, acknowledging three young men setting up their instruments on stage. Every member was dressed in black and wore eyeliner, it made them look cool in the girls' eyes. "You can definitely tell they're from the city."

"Their eyeliner sucks," Parrish commented. "It looks like someone ripped them out of the 2000s."

Lydia scoffed. "Well, you would think that, Parrish. You're just jealous that they look hotter than you."

Finally getting the message, Parrish soon discarded the scene and left the girls to their own accord. As Jennifer took a closer look at their faces, her eyes widened. "Oh, my God. That's Donny!"

Her best friend raised her eyebrows. "Who?"

"Donny! Donovan Lance!" She exclaimed in shock. "He's the lead singer. I knew him when I was a kid."