ten

"Okay, that's new

"Okay, that's new."

***

To the rest of the world, Beacon Hills was a "beacon of hope". Anyone who was depressed or lonely would look to their little town and be glad that they weren't in the same situation. Outsiders' perspectives of their home had been transformed. 

They were famous, saints even. Beacon Hills is the only town to have a bar burn down and a cannibalistic murder of the lacrosse team's captain. It's still unbelievable to think that someone chose Jackson to be their snack for the day. You'd think that a tough guy like him would be able to fight off their attacker. 

Something just wasn't right with all this.

That stupid Lance & Griffin song was on the radio every day. It was stuck in people's heads and became a national anthem of sorts. During the memorial, a choir sang the song and people actually applauded for them. The world had turned upside down and, for once, everyone shared the same emotion. Grief knew no bounds. Everyone was mourning someone.

Lydia was mainly confused. Her emotions were conflicting with each other. She didn't know how to think or feel. This had never happened to her before. Usually, Lydia had her life under control. Now, her life seemed to be spiralling into complete madness. There had to be a light at the end of the tunnel. Things had to get better soon.

She leaned against her locker, despondent and distracted. Time seamlessly passed around her. She was ignored in a crowd of many. No one thought to ask the beautiful Lydia Martin how she felt during these recent events. Perhaps they were too scared, or maybe they didn't want to worry her.

"Hi, Lydia." Allison had snuck upon the preoccupied girl, almost making her jump. Her warm smile managed to perk Lydia up again. "I just wanted to check that you were doing okay."

"Yeah, I'm doing fine." She lied.

"Really?"

"Really, really."

Allison guessed that she was lying. For a girl like Lydia, she was very good at it. She spoke again. "Hey, I was thinking that maybe we could have a double date."

Lydia furrowed her brows. "A double date?"

"Yeah. You, Stiles, Scott and me." Allison suggested. "I think it will be fun."

She softly smiled, nodding. "I'll think about it..."

Her words trailed off when, in a crowd of dark colours and sadness, a girl in bright pink emerged at the other end of the hallway. She wore a red tank top underneath a cropped pink hoodie with a heart pattern. Her jeans were slightly low, revealing some skin. On her ears were heart-shaped earrings, matching the heart theme. 

"Okay, that's new." She uttered, watching as the girl strutted down the hallway.

Allison turned, peering down the hallway in bewilderment. Her eyes widened, recognising who the girl was. "Oh, my God. Is that Jennifer?"