chaptee three: fools for love

- treasure high classrooms ; 11:12 am
"5, 6, 7, 8!" hyunsuk counted before dancing their routine with his best friends. yedam was assigned to play the guitar for their music and the japanese students named mashiho and yoshi, a.k.a. the softies of the school, danced with hyunsuk too.

"don't worry, smile warmly at me once more! you're prettier when you smile" they danced and sang to a song called "my treasure" which the school has been obsessed with for the past few months. the boys continued to practice the song's choreography and enjoyed hanging around during the recess break.

meanwhile, jeongwoo was busy staring at his phone with a slight smile on his face. he watching videos of him and his closest friend, jaehyuk playing around together. he had recently found out his feelings for jaehyuk and now has a secret crush on him, but jeongwoo didn't have any plans of confessing to his best friend. jeongwoo thinks that he's just probably too shy to confess but deep inside he's just scared of getting rejected, ruining their friendship and being hurt by the person he loves most.

jaehyuk quietly creeps up from the back of jeongwoo to scare his best friend. he took silent steps so that jeongwoo wouldn't hear him, he suddenly stops at the sight of what the younger was watching. seeing jeongwoo's lips slowly curving into a smile melted his heart and instantly filled his entire body with butterflies, he couldn't believe that his crush was watching videos of them together.

yes, they both like each other but they're just too scared to admit their feelings for one another. it may sound stupid, but everyone really is stupid for love. the feeling of love for that special someone just makes us fools, fools for that person, and in this situation, jeongwoo and jaehyuk are fools for each other.

"boo!" jaehyuk said, which surprised jeongwoo.

he hid his phone away from jaehyuk to make sure he wouldn't see the videos he had been watching. jeongwoo felt his cheeks burn and form a tint of pink so he turned to the opposite side jaehyuk was facing so he could hide himself from him. asahi was staring at them both in the corner of the classroom, creeping jeongwoo out.

"what are you staring at, creep?" he said in anger.

"hey, leave him alone. he's completely innocent... poor boy" jaehyuk replied with a smile while making eye contact with asahi, making sure jeongwoo wouldn't hurt asahi's feelings.

"anyway, what were you watching?" he asked jeongwoo, even though he already knew.

he gave jaehyuk a glance but couldn't reply. jeongwoo's thoughts were bombarded with questions like "what am i gonna do?" and "what if he saw the videos?"

"were you watching videos of me?" jaehyuk asked with a smirk on his face.

"hey hey hey! don't get any wrong ideas. it's just an online class, also don't get your hopes up" jeongwoo cleared things up with a shaky tone.

"hmm okay then, what online class?" jaehyuk continued asking.

"well, all i can say is that it's really interesting and that i like hi-" jeongwoo almost spilled his biggest secret so he immediately shut up after that sentence. he started to turn red again and the boy covered his face with a hoodie, telling jaehyuk that he suddenly felt cold.

"i meant that i like it" jeongwoo said softly and unable to see anything because of the hoodie blocking his sight.

"cool! the teacher must be really good, and maybe even cute. whose is it?" jaehyuk continued teasing him while taking a sip of his favorite banana milk.

"what are you trying to be little mister detective now?" jeongwoo mumbled.

"what jeongwoo?" jaehyuk asked with a confused expression on his face. the younger panics and stutters random words.

"why does he keep asking me questions, i might slip it out..." jeongwoo thought. unable to answer any more of the wannabe-detective's questions, jeongwoo tried changing the subject.

"banana milk again? aren't you ever gonna get sick of it?" jeongwoo asked.

"of course not, it's my favourite! i can always stop eating anything like delivery food but definitely not this, it's the love of my life" jaehyuk explained while looking at the bottle of his banana milk. there were a few seconds of awkward silence which confused jaehyuk because jeongwoo would usually be exploding with tea to spill with him.

then, jeongwoo suddenly grabs the shorter's drink from his hand and takes a sip of it with the same straw jaehyuk used.

"um bitch aren't you the so-called delivery prince?" jeongwoo replied with a flirty tone. jaehyuk's eyes widened as his best friend drank from the same straw that he did, his thoughts running wildly in his head.

"wait, isn't that an indirect kiss?" jaehyuk thought while covering his face which was not just colored with pink, but red like a tomato from jeongwoo's sudden act. even simple things like this can make jaehyuk flustered, that's probably because he wasn't used to this new side of his friend.

"hey that's- uh but wait um if you do that-" jaehyuk stutted, unable to finish with words because of how flustered he felt.

"what?" jeongwoo asked with a grin. jaehyuk rolls his eyes and steals back his banana milk. he walks away with a pout then left the classroom, he was seriously feeling embarrassed and had to hide to be able to breathe for once. jeongwoo smiles at this, jaehyuk was the cutest thing he ever saw.