chapter four: special to me

- class 807-2k ; 11:21 am
jaehyuk sees doyoung walk back to his desk after their morning break and decides to befriend the boy, due to his friendly instinct. doyoung sits down and feels someone tap him from behind, he turns around to see jaehyuk smiling brightly at him. that smile, it really was something special to doyoung so of course he greeted him back with his little dorkish smile.

"yes?" doyoung replied. "do you feel a bit awkward around the others?" jaehyuk asked, still with a smile on his face.

"yeah i guess so, it's my first day anyways" doyoung replied. but with you, i don't feel that way.

"i'm jaehyuk" he said while pointing to himself. "and this is jeongwoo!" jaehyuk said while gently patting jeongwoo's head, slightly messing up his best friend's hair. jeongwoo's expression seemed like the very opposite of jaehyuk's, he didn't like how jaehyuk was being really sweet to the new kid, a hint of jealousy was slowly forming in him.

"well... guess this is my rival for jaehyuk's heart. whatever, i look way better than he does" doyoung thought confidently.

"you're kim doyoung right?" he asked.

"yeah!" doyoung said while nodding. "he remembers my name..." he said to himself which made him giggle a bit.

"alright, i'll call you... dobby! i'm the class president, so you can ask me anything. i'll be there to help you, always." jaehyuk said to the boy, who was smiling like an idiot in front of him.

doyoung thanked him and was about to go back to doing his work but was stopped because of what jaehyuk told him.

"you know, you have a pretty smile!" jaehyuk said with a sweet voice that sounded like music to doyoung's ears. the nickname and compliments jaehyuk gave him made doyoung feel like he was in heaven. while this boy was daydreaming with joy, jeongwoo on the other hand, felt like he was completely insignificant in jaehyuk's life. he and jaehyuk have been close since they were kids, yet he has never heard him compliment him so much nor give him a nickname. he really despised doyoung for this, he felt like the new kid was the reason why jaehyuk would never return his feelings for him.

"so, what got you accepted here?" jaehyuk asked to continue their conversation.

"well, do you want me to show you?" doyoung asked with a grin. jaehyuk nods happily in reply and doyoung grabs a sticky-note to write something down. he passes it to jeongwoo, who was looking at him with anger filled in his eyes. jeongwoo sighs and passes the note for his best friend to read it.

jaehyuk nods once more and smiles at how cute dobby's handwriting was

jaehyuk nods once more and smiles at how cute dobby's handwriting was. soon after, their professor enters the classroom and their third period for the day starts.

^^^

"it's rrreally c-cold here..." junkyu shivered while sniffling. their classroom was air conditioned even though it was still a few days after spring started. junkyu left his padding coat in his locker so he only had a green sweater to protect him from the cold. he looked to his side to find haruto still asleep after 3 periods have passed, but no matter how lazy or grumpy of a person haruto was, it still didn't change the fact that junkyu may have a tiny little crush on him. the sunlight from the classroom's window highlighted haruto's beautiful face as if the sun was created just for him. and junkyu swore, he could stare at that all day and not get bored looking at him. "arrrgh i must be sick, what am i even thinking about him?" junkyu thought while pressing his hand on his forehead, checking if he had a fever.