Chapter 14

"Oh my god, Van Helsing. You had me thinking that you abandoned me in a ditch to go and look for your partner," Anna said.

"Now what purpose would that serve me, to leave you behind, when I'm supposed to protect you? I don't feel like going all the way back to Rome, to get lectured for not saving you? I honestly don't think I can go through all of that again," Van Helsing said as he and Anna walked around the underground cavern and saw that there was a particularly burnt bible as well as a pile of chicken bones scattered all around the place.

"Who on earth lives down here," Anna asked unaware that someone was standing behind her.

"I would say that the being who lives down here is male, who is about 7ft tall. He has a bad limp in his leg, carnivorous; and has three copper teeth," Van Helsing said while discretely reaching for his gun.

Anna gave Van Helsing a confused look before speaking up. "How do you know he has copper teeth?"

"Because he's standing right behind you. Move," Van Helsing screamed causing Anna to duck as Van Helsing took aim and shot at the being lurking behind Anna.

This only angered the being causing him to charge at Van Helsing who slammed him into the wall to stop him from attacking. This only angered the being more causing him to throw Van Helsing into a small body of water before turning to Anna as his hood falling off, revealing a man with his face split in half, causing Anna to freak out.

Anna backed up frightened falling over rocks, continuing to back away as the creature before her took a step closer. "Oh my god. It's the Frankenstein monster!"

"I am no monster! You are the monster," The Frankenstein growled out stepping closer to cornering a scared Anna.

Anna continued backing away until her back hit a rock behind her. While trying to not freak out, Anna quickly thought of a way to try and find a way to keep the monster from possibly ending her life. "What do you want?"

The monster quickly stopped looking at Anna with sadness in his eyes. "To exist."

Van Helsing popped up out of the water, shooting a tranquilizer dart at the monster, causing the monster to fall backwards knocked out. Van Helsing quickly turned in the direction where he heard growling come from, before hearing gun shots ring out, causing the werewolf to run away. A moment later Van Helsing spotted his friend standing there with a pistol by her side.

"I may still be upset with you and princess pain in the ass, but I refuse to return to Rome to receive a lecture; all because we failed to keep her sorry ass alive," Lilith said.

Anna went to snap back at Lilith, only to shut her mouth after receiving a glare from Van Helsing. "You're seriously going to allow her to speak to me like that?"

"She did come to our aid when we needed it, even though she's clearly upset with us for how things happened earlier. Just be happy that she came back for us," Van Helsing said before turning to look at Lilith. "Do you think you can give us a hand up?"

"I guess I can. Hold on and I'll have the two of you out in a bit," Lilith said before looking around for something to help her partner and her mission out of the underground cavern.

"Actually, it's three of us," Van Helsing said causing Lilith to stop and look at him.

"What the hell do you mean by its three of you? The last I checked it was only you and princess pain in the ass that were traveling alongside me. Unless you somehow managed to convince Carl to leave the manor and get his hands dirty a bit," Lilith partially joked.

"That would be the day. Unfortunately, I didn't manage that. Carl is still back at the manor reading, trying to find a way to kill Dracula once and for all," Van Helsing said.