Chapter 19

Van Helsing and Carl looked throughout every person in the ballroom, trying to catch a glimpse of where in the crowd Dracula and Anna could be.

Carl's eyes kept roaming the sea of dark colored ballroom gowns that were twirled along with the women who wore them, as their partners that spun them around. Carl was about to give up when a bright blood red gown caught his eye in the middle of the crowd. Upon glancing the figure over, he soon came to realize that the woman wearing the elegant gown was Anna. He was only proven correct as Dracula ripped off his mask, tossing it aside before doing the same with Anna's mask. Carl tapped Van Helsing's shoulder, pointing to where the couple was dancing. "Look over there."

Van Helsing looked in the direction that Carl pointed in, spotting how close Dracula held Anna to himself. This could be useful in my favor. If I tell Lilith about this little interaction that Dracula is having with Anna, Lilith might get so mad that she would have no problem killing him off. But she might also try to kill Anna as well; which is what I don't want. Unless Lilith listens to reason and understands that Dracula put Anna in some kind of trance. Maybe Lilith will focus all of her anger on Dracula only and would gladly kill him. I'll worry about that plan later. Right now, I have to worry about saving Anna from Dracula before he successfully kills her, Van Helsing thought to himself while looking around, until his eyes landed on a fire breather. Suddenly an idea popped into Van Helsing's head. "Carl, I'm gonna need you to do something for me."

"I'm not gonna lime this one bit, am I," Carl asked in fear while turning to look at Van Helsing.

Dracula pulled the mask off Anna's face before pulling her in for a passionate kiss. Anna opened her eyes and tried to pull away only to fail. Dracula finally pulled away smirking at her. "What do you think of my summer home, Anna?"

Anna scoffed as Dracula danced, twirling Anna around the dance floor. "I won't let you trade me count."

Dracula laughed. "I have no intention of trading you. And knowing Van Helsing, which I do, he isn't willing to settle for half either." Dracula twirled Anna in front of the mirror, dipping her causing Anna to gap.

"Don't we make a lovely couple," Dracula said before pulling Anna back up turning her, so her back was pressed against his chest. "I'm looking for a new bride, Anna."

"What about Lilith? I'm sure she would gladly give herself to you," Anna said.

"No need to worry about my beautiful Lilith. I have plans for her," Dracula said turning Anna so she was now facing him.

Anna ran her hands up Dracula's chest to where his heart should be beating. Anna gasped when she didn't feel a heartbeat in his chest. "You have no heartbeat."

"Perhaps it just needs to be rekindled," Dracula said as he dipped Anna again, getting ready to bite into her neck.

Carl remained hidden watching and waiting for the right moment to strike and keep Dracula from successfully turning Anna. Carl watched as Dracula was getting ready to bite. Carl saw his chance as the fire breather was spitting wine into the torch of flames, making the flames bigger. Carl quickly pushed the man to where the flames were now burning Dracula's back, causing him to let go of Anna, turning to the fire breather annoyed. Dracula grabbed the fire breather and threw him across the ballroom.

While Dracula was distracted Van Helsing swung down towards Anna, grabbing her and bringing her to the other side of the ballroom on the balcony. Van Helsing leaned Anna against the wall, lightly tapping her cheek, trying to get Anna to snap out of her daze. "Anna...Anna!"