Chapter 1

Lilith tossed and turned in bed for a while before finally giving up on trying to sleep. She was too excited knowing that it was the day that he came home to her awaiting arms. Lilith quickly got out of bed, rushing to make herself presentable for the moment that the love of her life came back home.

Lilith had just finished dressing when she heard the sound of a horse outside of the castle along with the unmistakable voice that belonged to her love. Lilith wasted no time rushing out the bedchambers, making her way to where she heard her love speak.

Rushing outside there she spotted the man that she loved with all her being. "Oh Vlad! You managed to make it home earlier than what you said you would."

"I told you I would try my best to get back to you as soon as I could. Did you doubt my word, my love," Dracula asked.

Lilith gave her husband to be a playful glare. "Now you know better than that. I always worry about your safety when you go out to war. I don't know how I would manage to continue to keep going without you by my side."

"You need not worry about that. I will always remain by your side until my last breath has been taken," Dracula said.

"Don't speak like that! Nobody never knows when their time is up. You could go at any time in your sleep here by my side; or away from me when you're on the battlefield," Lilith began rambling causing Dracula to laugh.

"My love, you worry your pretty little head over nothing. I'm one of the best around! I have to be in order to protect you and the rest of my people from all those who wish to take everything away from us. Though my enemies would gladly come and take you away, just so they could cause me the greatest pain of all," Dracula said. "They can try, but they won't succeed. I will always be on the ready to defend you my bride."

"Funny you should mention enemies looking to cause you the greatest pain," Lilith said.

"What do you mean," Dracula asked confused.

"Something doesn't feel right. I-I can't even begin to explain what it is. Just that it feels like there is something or someone out there, waiting for the right moment to cause you the greatest of pain," Lilith said with worry filling her tone. "Promise me that you will be careful at all times wherever you go. It will give me peace of mind."

"I promise that I will take extra caution when out on the battlefield, or even out for a simple stroll. Now why don't we go inside my love. I haven't seen your beautiful face in such quite a bit of time," Dracula whispered to his bride to be, pulling her inside.

Lilith smiled as she allowed her soon to be husband to pull her back into the castle. "My love, why do we wait to get married? Why don't we get married in secret right now...while I have you home with me? Lord knows how long it will be, before you are sent out on the battlefield to defend our land from all your enemies."

"I know it's not just the fact that I could be sent out anytime to defend our land that is troubling you. Something else is troubling you my love. What is it," Dracula asked.

"I fear that you will die before we can become husband and wife. I fear that we won't be able to start a family together, like we have been wanting since the moment we learned that we were to be wed. Vlad, the moment that I found out that I was to be married to you, I had promised myself that, I would give myself fully to you. I don't want any other man to have me. Not when you are the one that I'm truly meant to be with," Lilith said.

Dracula thought about it for a moment before finally speaking up. "Lets put your mind at ease then my love. I will go us go find a priest that will wed us now; that way we won't have to wait any longer to give ourselves to each other. You wait here my love, while I go and fetch us a priest."