James

As I sat in the cafe table I slowly tuned out to the sound of people starting to flood the area, finding seats for them and their friends, while some linined up to get lunch.

I remembered that James wanted to hang out with me at lunch. I never got his number, so I guess I'll just have to find him! Its no big deal considering I have nothing better to do, I'm just sitting here doing nothing.

I stood up slightly dizzy from floating out of my thought and sinking back into reality. I walked to the stairs to start looking for James. I made it to the top of the stairwell, I could see basically all of the cafe from the window's view.

Something caught my eye, I saw Anna talking with Cade's group of friends, I wonder what they're talking about, if they're talking about me, if Anna even cares to talk about me. She just seems really mad at me. I honestly don't know what I did wrong and I guess my freak out wasn't the best problem solver, but it's all I've ever known, and that's all I can think about doing.

I felt a soft tap on the shoulder. "Hey, I was just looking for you!"

I calmly turned around to see James. No surprise from the British accent aha.

"Hey, same. I thought you might be up here haha" I said smiling.

"I walked by your second class but you weren't there so." James concluded.

"Oh, no worries, I just left class early." I assured him with a smile.

"Lets sit over here." James pointed to a bench down a quiet hallway. I agreed, we walked and took a seat.

I made myself comfortable almost lying on my back.

I decided to start up conversation. "So what music are you into?" I asked.

"Oh anything really, mostly 90's stuff, some things from Britain and some of the new things out now" He replied honestly.

"I'm more into playing and writhing music to be honest. I play guitar. I don't know, its like, why bother playing other peoples music when you can create your own and do wonders with it!" He said expressing his opinion through his hands.

I smiled and nodded in agreement.

"I mean I have my driver license so I can drive anywhere I want. I just mostly do it to see concerts and get around town but maybe one day I'll get to perform somewhere!" James spoke with excitement thundering through his voice.

"My brother actually has a band! The guitarist just quit so if you want I could pass the word by!" I said smiling.

"That would be fucking amazing. But seriously enough about me, what about you?!" He exclaimed.

"Right now, all I want to do is get out of this crap rut. I don't even know if I want to finish high school at this point! I have the choice to drop out and I don't know, school is just not making me happy anymore." I explained truthfully.

"I see, so what do you wanna do?" He asked keeping a gaze at the floor..

"I'm not sure yet, all I know is I want to travel, you know, see the world." I spoke looking at him smirking catching our eyes in a gaze.

James honestly had the nicest eyes I had ever seen on a human being, they were like diamonds mixed with green jewels. His jawline was amazingly straight and broad and his teeth were slightly crooked, the good crooked. It seemed that I was slightly day dreaming.

"You have beautiful eyes, you know" he said with an honest look.

"I could say the same to you aha, your hair is quite nice as well" I expanded giggling and roughing with his hair using both hands.

"I love that black colour on you though, it suits you." James said showing a small grin reaching towards my hand, as if he were to hold it.

And that he did, I held his as well. It looks like we're off to a pretty good start.

"So, I hear you're friends with Cade?" I said looking downwards avoiding eye contact.

"Nah, he's kind of a twat really. My mum use to work with his mum, they were never really close but I guess I consider him a family acquaintance type thing?" He said regaining contact.

"You don't like him much do you..." James said restfully, moving closer to me, only in a friendly matter.

"No, not at all, we used to be close and he used to be close friends with my brother but they recently had a falling out, and I'm guessing thats why... he is...taking it out on... me." I said slowly, realizing it had made perfect sense as to why I was getting all this crap. Not only that but he also doesn't want me getting close with anyone especially James. He hurt me to make me back off. But why, why does it matter?