Painful Addition

I woke up shaking from the cold breeze drafting through the broken down walls of my home. It was time for me to wake up anyways.

I have school today, and I hate school right now.

I bounded off my bed to start getting ready for school. I put on my clothes. I wore a pair of black skinny jeans and a grey sweater from Thrasher. I pulled on some woven grey socks as well.

I flat ironed my black hair so it was perfectly straight and then I walked over to the mirror, my eyes drifted to the sight of my bruised hurt face and neck, The bruising got worse. I now had a black eye, a dreadfully bruised cheek, and several scratches about my face. I sighed at the view, in a depressed state of mind. I stood there looking at my painful additions then continued my makeup. I put on cat eyeliner and filled in my eyebrows. I also tried to cover up some of the bruises with foundation, fortunately the foundation covered them very well.

I was running slightly late. I asked Ryan to drive me. He agreed.

He dropped me off at the side of the school. My clock read 8:29, my school starts at 8:30.

"Fuck" I exclaimed while running up the stairs of the school to my locker. I completed the combination grabbed my binders and ran to my class.

My schedule switched around today so I had class with Anna second period instead of first.

"That totally makes me feel 100 times better you know cause I'm totally not worried out of my mind about her!" I thought to myself sarcastically.

"LATE" the teacher announced as I entered the door. I stopped dead in my tracks and slowly looked around the room with squinted eyes. Almost immediately I noticed a new figure in the class. I eyed him shamelessly.

My teacher noticed my obnoxious observations and spoke. "Blaire this is the new student, James O'Connell , he came a few days ago but didn't show up for this class". She said almost shaming James for it.

The boy looked up a bit startled in acknowledgment. He was wearing a white V-neck with a black pleather coat over top, he wore long black skinny jeans to match that of his coat and shoes. James had his earphones in, slouching at his desk tapping the end of his pencil on the blank paper. I'm not sure what vibes I get from this kid.

"Well, you and James can be partners for this activity. Its always good to meet new people you know Blaire". My teacher said anxiously fiddling with her fingers.

I slowly paced around to the empty seat beside him dropping my bag and sitting down.

Our teacher explained what the project was we were doing. it was pretty simple. I could do this on my own, but it was for our collaboration mark which is a fare portion of our final percentage in this class.

"Well, hi". He said looking at me smiling. I suppose he was waiting for a response. He had a quite precise accent, he was british.

"Hi, I'm Blaire". I said with a blank emotionless face.

He looked at me with a smile.

Time had passed, James and I finished the portion of the project we were assigned, we talked more. He opened up quite a lot! He lives with his mother just a street down from mine. they just moved here from England so he could get a better education and his mother could do more professional business. His mother had him quite young, and from what he had told me she was a very nice lady, but just very very busy.

James intrigued me. He was very interesting and had very strong feelings towards some aspects in life. He was over all just a great person to talk to.

First period was nearly over and my next class was finally with Anna.

"Eh.. so I was wondering if you wanted to talk... er hang out durin' break?" James said, rubbing the back of his neck and breaking silence.

I looked up at him and smiled. "Ya, that would be fun" I replied softly giggling.

I grabbed the rest of my things from my desk, and headed to my next class, James wanted to walk me to class, so aha why not. I got to my second class all the way on the fourth floor. I said goodbye to James as he waved and slightly strutted to his class.

I walked to my seat beside Anna. Ugh finally I know she is ok, good.There Anna sat literally with her jaw open. I knew it was because I had talked to James. Personally, I really think she likes him, but I don't want to make any assumptions.

"You talked to him?!".

Sorry I haven't updated lately. I have just been busy lately. Many apologies lool, I will try to update again soon :)