Good Terms

I stood over dramatically paralyzed for a few seconds. I felt as if I was teetering off balance.

Looking at James straight in the eyes told James I had to go.

I saw the upset look drawn on his face as I fled the area. "He must think it's his fault I'm leaving." I spoke to myself.

I felt this nausia feeling in my stomach. Obviously i felt like I had to puke.

That was just extremely hard to take in, the fact I feel like everyone is being taken from me because I upset one other human being literally like 2 years ago.

The rest of the day went by rather fast, I passed James in the hallway walking from class to class, I smiled and waved so he wouldn't get the wrong idea, like i hated or disliked him.

I desperately tried to avoid Anna and Cade's group. A couple times as I walked by I saw them snickering and giving me dirty looks. Any person in their right mind wouldn't want to be around them.

When school had finally ended I bolted down the stairs from my last period class and left the school as fast as possible.

As I was approaching my last few steps off the school property, James tapped me on the shoulder.

"Are you alright?!" James asked rather concerned.

He had stopped me near a cross walk i have to walk across to get to the main road that leads to my house.

"Ya, ya!" I replied concerned about the cross walk light. I quickly dashed away from the conversation to walk across the road.

I heard James run up to me from behind.

He caught up to me. "Hey, I was thinking since we live kinda near each other, we could like walk home together or something?! You know, if you wanna." James asked.

We stopped walking for a second so I could reply. "Yes! That would be cool, I guess we can get to know each other better aha" I replied smiling.

I think this would actually be kinda cool cause I actually wanna get to know him better! But I'm also worried because I don't want Cade to use thus friendship against me.

James walked me home, we shared small talk, lit up a few cigarettes, but didn't open up much. We left each other on good terms.

At least I'm on good terms with someone.