Pass Me A Dart Kiddo

My first 2 classes had ended, it was break. Anna caught up to me in the hall and dragged me by the arm to a clearing near some benches.

"Okay who's this guy you were talking about?" I questioned Anna while laughing.

"I'm not sure actually? He's a new and I think he's in our grade, and I think his name is James...or John or something. Well he seems to be really good friends with ...ah... I-" She replied talking fast and full of energy, but slowing down towards the end.

"Who Anna?!" I replied, annoyed with her.

"I mean like Cade and his friends and stuff" she said in a whisper looking downwards at her feet as if she felt guilty for saying it.

"Fuck them" I said making my way down the stairs to the cafe.

"No no no, you don't understand Blaire! How the frick do you think he became friends with him so quickly?! Their group has never once tried to be friends with a new kid, they never notice the new kids!" She screamed from the top of the stairs running down.

"Look it's whatever Blaire, like I just thought you might wanna know" Anna exclaimed while sighing, looking to her feet.

"Don't worry its fine.... Do you want to come outside for a smoke?" I asked hopefully. "Yea sure I guess" she replied.

We both walked outside of the school and off the property to a trail in a forest filled area. I took out the cigarettes and the lighter. All I could think about was how cold it was, how much I wanted to be warm, not anywhere near the shivers of the bitter outdoors. As I lit Anna and I's cigarettes. I stared into space, looking at the forest on the right side of the path.

"Blaire.....Blaire, BLAIRE YOU FUCKING CUNT" I heard from behind me. I spun around terrified and confounded. Anna was standing in front of Cade and his group of friends. She must have been trying to get my attention for a while.

"What do you need Cade?" I spoke calmly walking in front of Anna.

Cade was tall broad and blonde. He had been best friends with my brother for several years but they recently had a falling out. He was never nice to me, nor was his 4 friends Harris, Luke, Tyler, and Matt. I'm not going to lie here, when I was in grade 8 and he was in grade 9 we dated, the break up was pretty brutal, some people tease me about it still to this day and say that's the reason he hates me so much!

"Well hellooo there miss Tottem" He spoke while pacing around me with a smirk on his face as he took out a water bottle slowly taking sips .

"Pass me a dart kiddo" he demanded, putting the water bottle away, raising his hand towards me as if I were to pass him one.

I refused and stood there motionless. For a few split seconds I was scared for my life. He has the power to hurt Anna and I if he so pleases.

Cade took the cigarettes out from the packet I had stuffed in my sweater pocket. He tossed them all into the snow. I didn't say anything, just watched. On the inside I wanted to scream and hit him, but at the same time I was too intimidated and confused. Cade pulled matches out of his jean pocket, lit them, and dropped them on the already ruined cigarettes. At that point I felt my face going red to the smell of burning tobacco.

I could see Anna out of the corner of my eye standing there paralyzed as I was.

Cade kept an ongoing beaming glare at me, looking me straight in the eyes.

"What do you fucking want, stop bothering me" I screamed while at the same time trying to make an attempt to sound brave and courageous.

I got no response, just a pure evil smirk. Cade walked even closer to me, to the point where there was almost no space between us. While looking him straight in the eye I saw his arm pulling back into a fist, BAM BAM BAM. I hit the snowy ground my jeans getting soaked and my hair and makeup getting ruined. I can't believe it, he punched me in the fucking face, fucking asshole! I curled up and held my head on the ground. I felt my head pound in excruciating pain.

Cade walked away from me putting his main focus once again on the cigarettes. He took his water bottle back out and poured the rest of it on the ablazed cigarettes. He turned around and started stomping on all of them.

Him and his group of friends walked off the path and headed back to the school in silence.

I couldn't move or talk I was in complete shock, I had no idea what was happening.

The pain in my head was hurting worse now. I couldn't move to get off the ground. Every time I try to get up I end up feeling this massive weight on my head and shoulders.

I heard footsteps advancing towards me, then faster. I felt scared suddenly.

"Blaire, I'm so sorry" I heard a voice crying. It was Ryan.