11

The front door swung open as they were taking their time exiting the car and walking up to the door. A woman who looked to be in her early 50s stood there looking around for her daughter and relief showing in her eyes when she spotted her. It was clear to the avengers where Eryn got a lot of her looks from. Her mom had shoulder length thick brown hair, brown eyes, and a curvy figure.

"Well don't just stand there. Come in!" Eryn's mom exclaimed with a smile on her face, waving them all in.

The Avengers™ looked at each other before following her in one by one. Walking in, each Avenger admired the kitchen as it felt very homely with dark green walls, a granite countertop, brown cabinets, and a white tile floor.

Eryn decided now was the time to introduce everyone as she started, "Mom, Dad, these are my soulmates, the Avengers. Avengers, these are my parents."

Steve immediately had his good boy look on and ready to please, wanting to make a good impression on his mate's parents.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Maxwell, my name is Steve Rogers," Steve cordially greets them with a handshake to Mr. Maxwell and kissing the back of Mrs. Maxwell's hand.

Eryn's mom smiles at him as he does so. Not to be outdone by Steve, Tony introduces himself next with a 'I'm trying to be a teachers pet because I know playboy won't work' smile.

"Hello it's very nice to meet you both, I'm Tony Stark," Tony introduces while copying Steve's mannerisms.

Eryn's mom has a look on her face that says 'mmhm you better kiss my hand and kiss up to me you heartbreaker' while Eryn's dad gives him the stink eye.

Discouraged by the parents' reactions, Tony coughs a little bit and steps back.

"Oh for the love of- be nice mom and dad," Eryn scolds her parents.

They give her the 'we'll talk later' glance and Eryn knew she wasn't gonna get to her bedroom at any time soon after they left.

The rest of them introduce themselves politely in a much less exaggerated way and seem to be okay in her parents' books for now. Well as okay as the only daughter's multiple soulmates can be in the parents' books.

After the introductions were through, the TV volume blared as the news was on. Everyone's attention was on the news as a blonde haired news reporter shared the breaking news of today.

"BREAKING NEWS: The Avengers consisting of Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton, and Bruce Banner gave a talk about job shadowing at Brunsford High School. After the talk was over around lunch time, the Avengers were seen escorting an average looking female teenager out to a car. Did the Avengers kidnap her? Do her parents know? Here's the footage taken earlier before going back to you, John," the reporter reported.

'Average looking female teenager, really?' Eryn thought with a sour look on her face.

The Avengers looked really annoyed that reporters decided to make gossip out of their business today while Eryn's parents looked pissed.

"Thank you for informing us about this earlier, Stark. I feel better that I didn't have to find out through the news especially when that woman is only causing gossip with the kidnapping," Eryn's dad thanked.

Tony beamed, clearly happy with doing something right and getting closer to being in the parents' good books.

Eryn smiled at her dad admitting to that and making Tony a little more comfortable being around them.

"Well it's getting late, so you should probably head back to your tower," Eryn's dad told them with a neutral look on his face.

The Avengers agreed and wished me good night before heading out.

I looked at my parents after showing them out and thought, 'oh boy here it comes - the dreaded talk'

—————————————
Sorry I took so long to get this up. My motivation to write has been super low especially when I'm balancing schoolwork, classes, clubs, and all the other crap I have to do that's extra for my resume in addition to applying for internships. I've been considering it a lot and I think putting the book on hiatus and come back to it when I'm on break or when I'm really feeling the itch to write is a much better option than inconsistent updates with months in between the long waits.

Until I'm able to write again,
Sayonara homies