three

Dear Mum and Dad,

Today I moved into a new house - the Huxley's - with two parents and a daughter. The mom, Blair, and the dad, Oliver, aren't too bad, but their daughter, Margo, is quite the handful. I'm not sure why she dislikes me so much, but she does. Maybe it's because there's a new person in her house, which means she'll get less attention.

From my brief encounters with her she seems to seek attention, especially from her boyfriend. I'm hoping our situation will get better. If it doesn't and she continues to seemingly hate me so much, I guess I'll just try and avoid her as best as I can.

Her boyfriend, Louis, is the nicest person I've met since moving in. He was snogging Margo when Vanzilla pulled into their driveway, but I met him a bit later when he introduced himself and gave me a big hug.

I like Louis, he's sweet and cute and nice to me and he didn't even make it awkward like the Huxley's did when we talked a bit. Margo was practically shooting daggers at me when she saw us chatting though, but I think she's going to do that for anything and everything I do in her house so I might as well get used to it now.

Oh, and he even gave me his phone number! I hope we can talk some more and get to know one another, and maybe even hang out sometime. Louis said we should have a sleepover and play footie and do stuff together sometime soon, and I'm so excited if he follows up and we end up making plans.

He also said he'd love to spend some more time with me in general because I seem like a cool guy, and it feels good to have someone my age be so friendly and nice to me from day one. Maybe I'll finally make a friend while I'm living with a foster family.

Anyway, back to the house. It's HUGE. I mean, I've seen pictures of our old flat that Claudia had and I wish I could be there with you two, and trust me when I tell you we could fit like 6 of our flats in this thing. Half the house is marble and fancy tile and it feels more like a prestigious museum than a place where people actually live. If you guys like big houses, you'd love it here. They've got a room for just about everything and even one of those home theatres with cushiony recliners where we could watch movies together.

My room is big too, and I have my own bathroom, a king sized bed, nice furnishings, a desk, and even a big flat screen tv. The room is painted a denim blue color, but Blair says I can draw or do whatever I'd like to the walls, including getting any decor I'd like to 'make this feel like home'. I'm not sure if I'm going to ask for anything, though, because I have my footie posters and I don't even know what else I'd even put in here at the moment. Maybe I'll draw something on the walls if I get bored, just for fun.

I have to go soon for my first dinner here (Blair says she's a good cook) and what'll probably end up being a tense and nerve-wracking experience like it always is on my first night at a new family. This is one of my last chances to get adopted, so I've got to give them an honest chance at this and be open-minded about it all. So wish me luck from afar, because I'll need it.

I miss you guys, and I hope you're doing well. I'm still hoping I can reconnect with you both one day because I think about you every day. Please write back if you can.

Love, Harry

I close my notebook with a sigh. I write to my parents all the time and give all the letters to Claudia in hopes she'll find out where they live one day so she can send them all my love. She has an address where she thinks they live and sends some of my letters there. My other letters she sends to addresses of which she suspects are my parents' friends in hopes that I can somehow get in touch with someone who knows them. I haven't gotten a letter back yet, and doubt I ever will.