thirteen

Dear Mum and Dad,

Two things happened yesterday that I wanted to tell you about.

First off, I turned seventeen! Louis hosted me a wonderful birthday party with three of his friends - Zayn, Niall, and Liam - and somehow was able to get Tommy out of the agency so he could celebrate with me.

It was awesome, and we took a ton of photos with a Polaroid camera he got me, which are currently hung up on my wall. I put a Polaroid of me and Louis in this envelope incase you wanted to hang it on your wall too.

And secondly, Louis said he would be my boyfriend! So yeah, it's a cool feeling to have a boyfriend, since I've never had one before. Technically, I've never actually dated anyone so all of this feels new to me, but I'm so excited. If he doesn't beat me to it, I'm going to ask him out on a second date soon. Wish me luck.

Other than that, life has been a little confusing if I'm being honest. I've now heard from both Louis and Tommy that the Huxley's are not a good family. So far, I haven't had issues with Blair or Oliver, only Margo, so I'm not sure what they're all worried about.

But still, I'm on my toes and aware that maybe they're worse than what meets the eye. I sure hope they aren't, though. The parents are actually pretty nice; Blair takes me shopping and checks in on me regularly, and Oliver let's me help him to construct his historical scale models in the basement. Me and Oliver also watch football matches together when they're showing on tv.

Margo, however, is a bit scary to be around these days. Louis broke up with her, and ever since she's been in this sort of eternal rage. He's been in the house a few times just to hang out in my room, and WOW does he get a lot of stuff thrown at him as Margo curses him out in the process.

You'd think I'm exaggerating, but I'm not even kidding, that's the scary part. From mugs to picture frames to every pink object under the sun, it's all been thrown at Louis if Margo spots him heading up to my room.

On the plus side, Blair and Oliver still let me have him over. They're much less enthused about it since he broke it off with Margo, but they also don't know Louis and I are dating, nor that either one of us are gay. If they found out, I'm sure he wouldn't be allowed over anymore, but I hope that day never comes.

I mean, Louis' wrist is a dead giveaway (you can see it in the picture, haha, it's the stereotypical gay wrist), but they don't have a clue about his sexuality, nor about mine. So as long as they don't find out, everything will be alright.

I'll keep you updated if anything exciting or important happens, as always. I started sending these letters to different addresses in hopes that one of them is you, and sending each off with a kiss and loads of love.

I hope you both are doing well, and please write back soon.

Love, Harry

I give the letter a small kiss before tucking it and the picture away in the envelope. I write down another address Claudia gave me and stick a stamp in the corner. I've used almost half of the stamps in my desk drawer on previous letters, and remind myself to find some more around the house sooner than later.

I slip on my trainers and walk downstairs and out of the front door to put it in the mailbox. As usual. I pick up and card through the mail as I walk back inside. When I reach a letter addressed to me, I stop dead in my tracks on the front stoop and quickly set aside the other mail as I sit down on the porch swing to open it.

Mr. Harry Styles
173 Brighamm Road
LONDON
SW1A 2AA

For as long as I can remember, I've never once gotten a letter back, even though I've written and sent out hundreds. My hands are uncontrollably shaking as I carefully tear open the envelope to reveal a single sheet of paper inside.