seventeen

Louis' POV:

This whole next week, I can tell Harry is anxious about our plans for America. Calling it overly anxious would be invalidating what Harry is going through, but it's an immense amount of anxiety, not healthy for any person to carry around with them.

He wants to leave as soon as he can because he's worried about his parents being found and either deported or locked up by the government. Which is a fair point, and why I already have all of my bags and my suitcase packed and ready to go in my bedroom.

Harry came over to my house yesterday and we explained the whole situation to my parents so they would understand, and I got the approval from them to go on with it and travel with Harry. They even offered to give us money for a hotel and food and said they could provide more if necessary in the case that the Huxley's did not.

But, they told me in private that they couldn't buy me a ticket, and I would have to either purchase my own or find a way to get one. This is why it's crucial that Margo helps us in our little business pitch to her parents about buying Harry and me both tickets.

Oh, and my parents specifically stated I could not get a sugar daddy to pay for it, which I had actually brought up as a joke last year when asking them for money to buy myself my first car. 

That was my plan B, but let's pretend it wasn't.

I'm not sure if my parents are letting me go and giving us this money because they think it's a good idea for me to go with Harry, if they feel bad for everything happening in Harry's life, both, or neither. But no matter, I'm glad they gave a thumbs up to our plan.

And now, the only convincing and slight blackmailing that needs to be done is within the walls of the Huxley's estate (because 'house' or even 'mansion' would be a drastic understatement). That's where Harry and I are headed today, actually. To blackmail Margo and get Blair or Oliver to get us plane tickets for our planned departure in two days.

I found a flight that leaves from the airport here into JFK because Harry's parents are in the heart of New York City. It's an interesting choice to pick if they're running from the government, but maybe they're trying to discreetly blend in, I'm not sure.

Either way, the sooner we fly out to the US and the sooner he can meet his birth parents, the better. If we wait much longer, I think Harry might explode from all the stress and emotions he's keeping bottled up inside his perfect, little body.

When I walk into his room, I find him sprawled out on his bed laying on his tummy and texting someone. Without warning and without him even knowing I entered the room, I lay down on his back and wrap my arms around his torso, hooking my chin over his shoulder and giving him a kiss on the cheek. My legs tuck themselves between Harry's as we lay there on top of one another.

"Hi, babe. Who are you talking to?"

He turns his head and gives me a proper kiss on the lips before showing me his phone. "I texted Skylar and Chris about our plans to go to America,"

"And what'd they say?"

"They're all for it. Apparently, they travel a lot so they sent us some tips and stuff. I don't know about you, but I've never been more than an hour or so outside of London,"

"I went to Amsterdam when I was nine, and Paris at age fourteen. What did they say? Any good tips?"

Harry makes a move to roll over onto his back and I get up momentarily before he turns around. Then I lay back down, our chests flush against one another as we find comfort in one another and continue to talk through our plans.