eighteen

Louis' POV:

It's the day of our flight, and I can't tell if I'm more nervous or more excited about the trip with Harry. Of course, I'm not anxious about actually traveling or going with Harry. In a way, I suppose, I'm nervous for Harry to see his parents, and I dread the possibility that things aren't going to go the way he's planned out in his mind for years upon years when imagining meeting his birth parents for the first time.

I just want to make sure this visit doesn't end up with him getting hurt.

The Huxley's got all the tickets and hotel rooms sorted out for the both of us, which I'm extremely thankful for (and makes me dislike them a smidge less for the kind gesture). My parents agreed to drive us to the airport today, and the twins called dibs on the back row of our van so they could bid us goodbye before we left for our flight.

Our drive doesn't take too long, despite the slow traffic as we near the airport. Harry and I both have two bags: one suitcase and one backpack each.

"I can't believe you're actually going to America," Phoebe sighs as my dad parks the car and we pile out. "You'll be in the same country as Rihanna, I'm very jealous. If you see her, get her autograph for me please!"

I smile at her. "I highly doubt we'll be seeing any of your favorite celebrities while we're away. But nonetheless, Harry and I will send you guys a postcard," I say, and Harry nods.

"And a few Polaroid pictures in an envelope," He adds. "One of the Polaroids being Rihanna if we see her walking by, just for you Phoebe."

"It's not a long trip, though, so don't worry about us. We're only going to be in the US for 8 days in total, and then take this flight back to London," I wave around the plane ticket in my hand.

"I heard America has a lot of fried food. Like fried everything. Butter, Oreos, pickles, you name it," Daisy recalls and laughs, "It sounds disgusting, but make sure you try some for us, okay?"

I roll my eyes. "Fine, but it'll be your fault when I gain a shit ton of weight."

I hug my parents and then the twins, who don't fail to whisper some obscene things regarding Harry and me into my ear. I send them off with two punches to their arms and a smirk on my face.

The four of them all give Harry small hugs and wishes of good luck as well before they're driving away and we're headed into the airport. When we step inside, Harry automatically starts looking around like he can't believe his eyes.

"Harry, babe, we can't just stand in front of the front doors for all eternity. We actually have to go through security and customs and stuff and get to our gate, before boarding the plane." I tug his arm softly after a minute or so of standing there, and he snaps back to reality.

"Sorry, I've never been in an airport before," He apologizes and grins sheepishly, "This is the biggest building I've ever been in, I think."

Maybe I'm ignorant - not on purpose, of course - but it never occurred to me that this trip could be so much more than just meeting his birth parents for Harry. He'll get to experience so many things that I've taken for granted, and I'm happy to be the one that gets to be by his side for all of it.

"No, no, don't be sorry," I start rolling my suitcase with one hand as we walk into the airport, and take Harry's hand in the other.

It takes two and a half hours in total to get from the front doors of the airport to boarding the plane, but time flew by. We find our seats on the plane, and I'm surprised that the Huxley's bought first-class tickets.

Margo and/or Harry really must have sweet-talked them once I'd left the house because the 'seats' on this airline were really like mini-suites.

Harry and I are seated right next to one another, and a kind flight attendant named Emily shows us all the neat features and things of the suite, including our own small televisions and a small bed that we can sleep on.