seven

After the shopping trip with Blair, Louis and I have been in constant contact with one another. From texting to secret late night phone calls and FaceTimes (so Margo doesn't hear) and everything in between, it's fair to say we've stayed in touch. I don't think anyone has looked forward to a couple breaking up than we have with him and Margo.

Turns out that the day when his parents finally pay off their debts and Louis can break up with Margo is exactly two day before my seventeenth birthday. So my plan at the moment is to ask him out on a date the day after he breaks up with her, and I'm using today to work out what we're going to do and all of that fun stuff if he says yes. As of now, the day of the breakup is only a week away.

For my birthday on the day after the (possible) date, Blair and Oliver insisted on hosting an extravagant party for me with an impressive assortment of food, activities, etc. I politely declined, not wanting all of that attention and such to fall on me.

Funnily enough, Louis told me he wanted to throw a little party too and to that I agreed. He promised he'd keep it small and had a few small surprises for me, so I'm more than excited.

The Huxley's have an office in their house, right next to Margo's room and I head in there to look up restaurants to take Louis. I'm not sure if he's the type to prefer romantic candlelight dinners or cheap food and arcade games, so I try to find a happy medium as I begin to search the web.

For the date that I'm 99% sure Louis will agree to, I already have an outfit picked out and an excuse set up if any of the Huxley's wonder where I'm headed all dressed up. Thanks to the closet additions Blair helped me shop for at the mall, mixed with the clothes I already owned, I have an outfit picked out already.

I'm going to wear one of the printed shirts and black skinny jeans. And just like she promised, the pair of shoes Blair and I picked out - a suede pair of brown boots and black soles - will pair well with the rest of my outfit and look nicer than wearing my old Vans.

As for the excuse, I'm just going to say Louis' family invited me to meet them and have dinner with them a week or so before the breakup, and I wanted to dress up to look presentable. And if they ask why I'm still going because the Tomlinson's on the day Margo split up with Louis, I'm telling them that it would be impolite of me to cancel after promising I'd be there. Hopefully I can slip out on my own but if they ask where I'm headed off to it feels like a pretty full-proof excuse.

Speaking of going places, Oliver actually gave me a spare set of keys so I can drive one of his many cars if I ever need to go anywhere. I got my license back at the agency (Claudia took me to take my Driver's Test - thank you, Claudia) and I'm appreciative that Blair and Oliver trust me and give me so much freedom. It's way more than I'm used to in comparison to other families, and it's really nice. But with that being said, this freedom doesn't mean I'll be using it in ways they might approve of.

Little do they know I'll be taking their fancy, expensive car to drive their beloved daughter's gay, ex-boyfriend to a nice restaurant on a date the day after they broke up. Oh, and not to mention I'm paying for the meal with the spending money they gave me. Anything for young love, right? It's a risk I'm willing to take and the less they know, the better.

Anyway, I just find it ironic and slightly funny that I'm actively Googling different restaurants in downtown London as Margo and Louis are in the room next to me doing whatever they do with one another. Hopefully it's nothing sexual, though, because these walls are thin.

I can't help but overhear their conversation as I read over a restaurant's menu from a place called 305 Italian (Yelp reviews said it was good?) and of course, I don't mean to eavesdrop on their conversation while I read but... it's a little late for that.