The next step

I do not own Harry Potter or any of her other characters.

Settling Hari in my bed, I want nothing more than to curl around her because to me Hari is a girl now. That is until she tells me otherwise. Then an idea hits me and I smile. I get to give my daughter a real birthday, surrounded by family

I smile looking up I hear a laugh. Turning I make eye contact with my family. Mum looks to dad, my sisters look to each other and McGonagall is smiling down at me.

"Now that is a smile I've missed," dad says.

"That dear husband, is the smile of a young woman who got everything they wanted," Mum says.

I hug the smaller form in the bed.

"I just realized I'll be able to give someone else what you gave me. A loving family that will see me and love me for me, and not for who they want me to be," I say looking at them.

My eyes water as I see misty eyes around me. I find myself wrapped in a bundle of arms and a certain cat head butting my hand.

3rd Person POV

The next morning the child known to most of the wizarding world as The Boy Who Lived, moves to the world of the waking. Harry turns his head thinking he is still back at Hogwarts about to head back to hell. The hoot of Hedwig just adds to the mental image until Harry hears a laugh.

"Hehe good morning sleepy head," the girl's voice says.

Kimberley Shebani stands in the doorway as her Hari stirs. Wearing a green blouse with a black skirt and stockings Kim has her deep brown hair braided. A soft hoot from Hedwig on the window sill seems have an approving tone. Stepping behind the screen she changes.

"There are both boy's and girls clothes in the dresser since we weren't sure which you prefer," Kimberley says.

Hari blinks and rubs their eyes. Looking at the dresser and down at themselves Hari blushes. Kim just looks at the small child and wants to wrap her wings around her.

"Umm I liked the dress but are you sure," Hari asks holding the blanket up.

"Heh, it's ok Hari, these may have been worn a few times but they are in good shape. I was actually pretty skinny and small too until I got help after last summer. Oh and just call me Kimberley if you want. I'm not going to ask you to call me mum or anything," Kim says.

"I know how about we go with this cute top and this skirt. You can even wear these shorts underneath," Kim says smiling.

She pulls out a soft blue shirt with little white books on it, a longer skirt with a similar pattern and a small pair of black shorts.  Kim sets them on the bed and gives Hari a small hug. 

"The bathroom is just next door to the right. So get cleaned up and then we can have breakfast. Tabitha and CJ will probably be up in a bit and Helena will be there with me. Take as long as you want in the shower but don't dawdle we have so much to do my little one," Kim says kissing Harry's head.

She tried to say in her big sister tone but gets excited at the end and gives Hari another hug. Hari is stunned at all the hugs this girl has already given her and not once has Harry flinched. The hugs were almost like when Hedwig hugged.  Blinking Hari watches her leave before taking the clothes and stepping out of the room.

The bathroom is simple but warm with a claw foot tub that looks old but not dingy. Going about his business the events of yesterday come back. The rescue, the party, Dudley and then the rescue. The soaps smell and feel soft and much better than what Petunia would give him. Looking at his reflection, Harry sees his eyes have shifted shape slightly and his jaw has softened a little. Oh and hair, it is now longer and still soft. Stepping out Harry picks up the clothes. The soft clothes seem just worn enough to be comfortably broken in.