Hari's shopping trip in London

I do not own Harry Potter but I do own Hari Shebani and the Solomons. My characters are not property of that FART, Feminism Appropriating, Radical Transphobe.

"So, since we need to get Hari's room and things sorted," Carter Solomon says. "we shall be dressing in Muggle clothes and Marie will carry your outer robes. Hari I also want to get your prescription checked and don't worry about the cost children's medical care is covered by the Ministry."

"Also we should probably give Hari a bit of a disguise. After all if Dudley recognized her we should probably put a bit more effort in," Marie Solomon says.

"Oooh we can make Harry look like Kim with some simple touches," Tabitha says.

"No," CJ groans. "I'm already outnumbered by girls."

"Sorry son. I'm with your sister on this one. The world knows Harry Potter as The Boy Who Lived, disguising Harry as a girl is the best option to keep us from being mobbed today," Carter says.

"Allow me Carter," McGonagall says stepping up.

Passing her wand in circles over Harry's head she then taps his nose. Harry blinks as black hair turns strawberry blonde. Freckles start popping up along Harry's neck and skin shifts a few shades darker looking almost Greek or Egyptian.

"Funny, Harry kind of looks like that picture of Thalia Potter," Marie says.

With that they finished breakfast and prepared to go shopping. They stepped out of the house and watch as Carter Solomon raises his wand. With a bang a large double decker bus zooms up.

"Welcome to the Day Bus loves," a man with a slight pot belly and blonde hair man with a small bowler opens the door. "I am Mart, no it isn't short for anything. Where are you headed?"

"Muggle London, the Shopping District," Carter says.

"Right that'll be 2 galleons for the lot of you," Mart says.

Marie settles the children on a bed. Waving her wand a long scarf wraps around their waist securing them the the beds. She then takes a seat in a recliner next to Carter as the bus shoots off with a bang. Tabitha and CJ let off whoops of excitement. Harry reflexively grabs the blankets with one hand and Kimberley with the other. As the bus zips through traffic at a breakneck speed. Ignoring the flow of traffic the wind up facing down a pair of oil trucks.

"Earnie," Mart says in a bored tone.

He gets a grunt in return before everything starts to squeeze and stretch upward. Slipping between the tankers the bus pops back out. Pulling into an alleyway.

"There we go. Muggle London Shopping District. Now off with ye. And don't forget if you need a lift just raise your wand up and out. Day or Night and that goes for you kids too," Mart says as they get off.

When they exit the alley they find themselves on a busy London street. Harry is shocked by the experience. The Dursleys never let Harry go into any places of this quality. The casual ease that even Kim had made it seem normal but Harry realized it was at least a little bit of an act. Soon Harry has a mix of boy's and girls clothes since they wanted to be prepared for whatever Harry chooses and saying they can always return them. The new glasses showed the world with such clarity that

Arguably the worst part wasn't even buying the underwear, although that was dreadful. No it was when a random adult ran and grabbed Harry's arm. The voice was deep with an accent that Harry couldn't make out. In a flash Harry recoiled and fought a scream. Kimberley was there instantly though and the rest of the family made a circle around them.

The man, Dupak Cohener, for his part was apologetic and simply mistook Harry for his niece. He apologized and offered to buy them lunch at his restaurant. The family obliged him and walked into a small Middle Eastern cafe. With a round of introductions he smiled at Kim and Harry.

"You know you two really do remind me of my nieces. I swear you two could pass as Luda and Mari," he says at them.

The rest of the day passes very quickly after that. It is a weary family that passes across the threshold of Fawkes manor that night. With a simple meal of sandwiches Marie and Carter sent their charges to bed. Kim walked with Harry to the plain room from before. Setting the new clothes in the wardrobe Kim turned with a smile.

"So how are you feeling," Kim asks leaning against the bed post.

"Honestly still a bit overwhelmed," Hari says squeezing the blanket underneath.

"Hehe, I understand," Kim says. "It was a lot for me to take in too. I mean my first shopping trip was in America after recovering from the "camp"." Kim says holding a shudder.

"So that really did happen," Hari asks shocked.

"Yeah, at least the Simmons adults were shocked enough to feel sorry," Kim says looking down. "And hey now we have your clothes to fit your style nor figure it out and we can mark this as the first day of mother daughter bonding."

Hari blushes and nods.

"I know I haven't talked about it but are you sure. Sure you want a freak like me," Hari asks.

"No I don't," Kim starts.

Hari's face falls.

"Because there is nobody like you. I do want you. I wanted to protect and care for you from the moment I saw you in the Great Hall. I knew the behaviors even from a distance. Why else do you think I ended my letters with "Your aspiring big sister?" Yesterday was planned out for a while. The main thing that changed is that our blood mixed," Kim says sitting on the bed.

"When I saw Dudley with his hands on you and your distress I snapped. I don't regret it for a moment," Kim says pulling a lock of hair from Hari's face.

Hari looks up slightly stunned at the sincerity in her voice.

"So do I call you mum now," Hari asks embarrassment clear.

"How about just Kim, my sweet doe flower," Kim says smiling her best attempt at a mom smile.

"Heh and where did that come from," Hari asks.

"I may have spent time trying to figure out what Hari meant. It's Hindi for doe like a female dear," Kim says with a blush. "And well you know your mom was named Lily and your aunt was Petunia so I kinda figured you could go by Hari Jasmine. We can talk with the Solomons if you don't like it."

Hari smiles and looks at Kim. As she keeps rambling a giggle bubbles out and soon Hari is laughing at her new mum. Kim keeps going for a moment before she sees Hari's laughing face. Kim smiles back and gets up. Pulling back the blankets she pats the mattress.

"Ok miss giggles, to bed with you," Kim says in her best mom voice.

The Girl who lived smiles and crawls under the blankets. Kim leans over and kisses Hari's forehead.

"Good night sweetheart. We'll touch base with the Weasley family to arrange a trip to Diagon Ally once we have our school lists. Now I do have one question for you and it's very important," Kim says.

"Umm ok," Hari asks feeling a bit nervous.

"What is something you always wanted for your birthday? You can think on it ," Kim asks before walking off. "Sleep well dear."