The Jinx

I do not own Harry Potter.  This is a fanstory that I simply wanted to tell and has undergone many edits

Flashback

Thisstory starts in chaos. An explosion had gone off in an officebuilding. The explosion caught Nomaj and wizard alike. The intendedtarget has yet to be found.

Theculprit will be revealed to be Excavier Wick a Squib. He worked inthe local department of magical item disposal. The device was madefrom a combination of gunpowder, tnt, wands confiscated from over 20witches and wizards and a magical lighter. Among the dead was a youngwizard family, the Shebanis Jacob and Athena and their daughterKimberly Phoebe.

MinervaMcGonagall, Assistant Headmistress at Hogwarts School of Witchcraftand Wizardry, read this a copy of the Daily Prophet in her office andher stomach dropped. She had encouraged the family to leave thecountry ever since You-Know-Who had risen to power. Now she sat inher office realizing she had lost yet another godchild. She wept asshe sat in her chair.

Littledid she know that the family wasn't completely gone. The explosionhadn't really killed the infant girl Kimberley. The effect of thewands being blown apart had released all the spells ever cast and thecombined effects resulted in changing anything within the vicinity.Some things weren't able to handle the changes and reverted on death.However young Ms. Shebani was able to survive the change and wound upchanged into a boy and the trauma sealed her magic.

Thechild was taken in by a Mathew and Elizabeth Simmons, a family havingtrouble conceiving a second child. Then just a few months later theyfound out they were going to have twins. However it didn't effect thelove they had for their little Connor. They vowed that they wouldraise and love him as their own and never tell him the truth.

AsConnor Simmons grew he tried to be a good son. He loved his familyand tried to help however he could. He was a good student and seemedto understand astronomy and chemistry easily, which pleased hisAstronomer father. He seemed gifted with musical instruments andloved music.

Yetwhen he got agitated odd things tended to happen. One example waswhen one of his twin brothers tried to prank him by swapping hisshampoo with the dogs' shampoo. When Connor started having a reactionto it and his brothers started laughing both boys had a bird swoopdown and peck their heads.

Anotherincident was when a friend who became a bully put hot pepper intoConnor's tissues. When Connor went to blow his nose a gout of flameerupted singeing the back of the boy's head. The boy wasn't reallyhurt but still scared. He tried to blame it on Connor but Connorbeing a kind boy, to the point that he was practically a doormat,only had the tissues and his house key on him. The teacher stillpunished Connor because said bully was her favorite.

Asthe years went on the events increased. This got to the point thatConnor became known as a Jinx and he increasingly retreated into hisreading and homework.

Onthe dawn of one June morning Connor rose early. His excitementcouldn't be contained. After all it "wasn't everyday a boybecomes 11".

Atthis point of the story Connor had super short hair that despite hismother's attempts would quickly grow out into curls. His hair was adeep brown that had blue tones to it. His eyes had an odd tendency toshift colors from blue to hazel. His face had a high cheekbones and asoft smile. His build was definitely on the more feminine lean butsince he had a preference for baggy clothes no one could tell from acasual glance. Still Connor regularly heard his mother's friendscomment that he would look so cute as a girl. His mother wouldpublicly squash these comments but then say the same thing whilegiving him his almost weekly haircut.