Chapter 3 || Fairytale Love

It has took me a few minutes to convince Avery that I could not get in the bath with her but we've came to a agreement that if I didn't, she could stay a bit longer than her mother allowed. Either way, I'd still get in trouble if Mrs Thompson found out.

"Amelia?" Avery grinned up from a extra bubbly bath. "Evelyn is going to have a husband." She states with a frown.

"That's right Miss Avery." I smiled, stroking her damp hair. "Are you sad?"

"No." Avery grinned. "Is Evelyn's husband the same like Sofia's?"

I actually found myself wondering about this man that they've found for Evelyn and if they're a perfect match, I was sure that he'd be just as bratty as the rest.

"I don't know. We'll have to see." I answered.

"Okay." She nodded understandingly. "Do you have a husband?"

"No I do not Miss Avery." I giggled.

If I were still rich, I'd probably be marrying someone by now too but I guess this new life came with pros and cons.

"Evelyn says that you don't need to love your someone in order to get married. I think she's wrong." Avery nodded knowingly.

"You do?" I asked, a huge grin plastered on my face.

This girl was just too cute for words.

"Princess Bell married the beast because she loved him. I read that yesterday." She said with a finger on her chin as if thinking back. "All the princess books granny brings me is right and Evelyn is wrong but no one wants to believe me." She pouted.

"I believe you." I smiled, putting a wet strand of hair out of her face.

"Really?" She grinned and I nodded. "Do you love someone?"

I was playing with the bubbles when her question hit me and caused me to freeze. A ice cold wave spread through my veins as I thought back.

Henry and I were laughing so hard at the fact that a bird just pooped on his brand new polo shirt. That's what he got for wanting to have a picnic in the middle of the city gardens where pigeons flew around like crazy.

"Why are you laughing?" He asked cocking his head to the side. "Didn't you know that when a bird poops on you it meant good luck? I'm a very lucky guy Lia." He pointed to the greenish spot on his shoulder.

"Yeah right." I snouted. "Hey! We're in public!" I exclaimed when he stood up and lifted his shirt midway, showing off his defined tanned abs.

"What's wrong?" He chuckled, taking the shirt off over his head. "Are you jealous?" He smirked, sitting back down.

He was now completely shirtless and I couldn't take my eyes off of his chest, how did I become so lucky.

"Hey!" He laughed, snapping his fingers in front of me. "We're in public, get your eyes up here." He pointed to his own eyes.

"Oh shut up." I scoffed, hiding my flushed cheeks as I turned to stare at anything but his body.

"Come here." He chuckled, grabbing my face and planting his lips onto mine.

Our lips moved at an agonizingly slow pace and he knew exactly what he was doing. He grabbed my waist and lowered me down on the red and black checkered blanket he stole from his mother's living room couch and hovered over me.

"There's no need to be jealous." He chuckled lowly after breaking the kiss. "I love you and only you." He whispered.

I stared up at him with lidded eyes, a heaving chest and a stomach full of butterflies and the grin I couldn't fight off. I smiled so much around Henry that my face ended up aching when it was time to go home.