Chapter 7 || Polaroid Memories

I decided to clean the main bathroom first, in order to avoid Mrs Thompson's scolds. With a pounding heart, my hands warp around the gold doorknob of Henry's room. Please don't be in here. I slowly opened the door and popped my head in first. Fortunately, there was no sign of him but the smell of familiar Nivea cologne enters my nostrils at full force and my stomach turned. He was still an ambassador for the Nivea company, he's been one since he turned sixteen.

I scanned the room and memories upon memories entered and left my brain as I took in the messy room. He was always messy and I always found myself picking up his dirty clothes from the floor.

I found myself giggling as I picked up a black shirt and grey sweat pants from the couch on the edge of the bed. There weren't anymore clothes but his shoes were all over the place. I placed the clothes into the basket in the bathroom, reminding myself to give it to Elizabeth to wash and I packed his shoes neatly under his bed. I did the bed next and I was so used to making up king sized beds that it only took a fee moments. The hardwood floor was still sparkling clean with only a speck of dust or two, I swept it anyway. I sat down on the edge of the bed as I stared at the two brown boxes on the floor. Elizabeth had said that he gave her permission to pack it out but would he mind if I did it?

I took the first box off from the other one and laid it on the edge of the bed before opening it. Nivea. Nivea body spray, lotion, perfume and every other product that Nivea produced. I giggled as I decided to pack one of each on the brown drawers on one side of the room and one of each in the bathroom by his shower, I noticed body wash already packed by the shower so I returned it to the box.

"What do I do with the rest?" I mumbled as I scanned the room.

I decided that it was best to put it somewhere he would notice, I didn't want him asking me where I've put it. I had no idea whether he even wanted to speak to me ever again. My heart ached at the memory of his deep laugh and smart remarks, would I never hear them again? Before getting too caught up in my feelings, I slid the box into his closet. Before I closed the closet, I scanned his clothes and noticed most of it was black, grey or white. He always used to wear red t-shirts it was my favorite colour and he knew that. Did he get rid of all of them? It's been years, of course he did.

Sighing, I for down on my knees in front of the last box and opened it. Albums. Machine Gun Kelly, Bon Jovi, and YUNGBLUD. I packed it all into the shelves on each side of his bed and noticed that there were Machine Gun Kelly and Twenty One Pilots posters as well. The cardboard like posters I put onto his dresser and the paper I hanged on the walls with the tape I found in his bottom drawer. This was way too much work for me, how long have I even been in here for? When I went back to the box, I froze.

Under all those albums and posters, the photo album I made for him laid in the box. The red leather cover mocking me, causing my eyes to burn with unshed tears. With shaky hands, I pulled it out of the box, load it down on my lap and opened the cover. It was the same as I made it.

The first picture was of a cute boy, missing a tooth and holding onto a tiny girl with grinned shyly at the camera. Me. My chest heaved up and down as I turned over to the next picture and a whimper escaped my lips. The second picture was one of his favorites. It was of me, laid down on his bed with his white pillows around my head as I covered my eyes with the back of my hand. The shirt I was wearing was unbuttoned and I giggled through tears at the memory.

"Babe, why did you want to come to my room before we went to the movies?" Henry asked as we entered his room.

I was surprised to see it still as neat as I left it this morning wit only his game controller out of place.

"Why not?" I smirked as I sat down on the edge of his bed.

"You tryna celebrate our special day another way aren't you?" He smirked, slowly walking towards me.