Chapter 13 || Accept The Faith

I popped my head into the kitchen just as Evelyn grabbed Henry's shirt and placed her lips onto his. There it was, for the third time. My heart broke yet again and it seemed as if the more it happened, the more painful it became. My chest was tight and I couldn't help the gasp that escaped my lips. I didn't realise that I stepped fully into the kitchen until their eyes turned to me. Henry's was wide, as if I was an alien or zombie and Evelyn's were narrowed as a deep frown grew onto her face. All I could do was watch, all I could do was look into Henry's eyes and clench my chest with my hand.

"Get lost you creep." Evelyn barked as if she couldn't believe I was standing there.

I couldn't believe that I was standing there either, my feet wouldn't corporate by moving when my brain told it to. Instead, I stood frozen in place and only when Henry stepped forward, did I turn around and leave. Tears fell involuntarily down my cheeks and I felt as if I've been crying for years, I felt broken, numb and exhausted.

"Amelia?" Harper questioned when I ran past them.

They were still sitting on the grass but I ignored them and ran straight for the cottage. The sound of foot steps told me that they were following me but I didn't care. They knew everything and it was no use shutting them out again.

Luckily no one else was in the cottage and I sat down on the couch just as Elizabeth and Harper came in and eyed me carefully. I rolled my eyes and stared at the black screen of the TV, dazed and exhausted. I wasn't even crying anymore, it felt as if my body was too tired to produce more tears. It was done.

"What happened?" Harper was the first to speak as they both sat down on either side of me.

Elizabeth instantly pulled me closer and snuggled up against her while Harper rubbed circles on my knee. It did little to calm me down but it was appreciated non the less. I didn't want to make the same mistake and push them away again, I needed them and they were here. I would be a fool to throw that away.

"They were kissing." I mumbled, too exhausted to do anything else.

My voice sounded hoarse because of the lump that was in my throat and it was as painful as my chest at this moment.

"Who?" Elizabeth asked but the look in her eyes told me that she already knew, she just couldn't believe it.

"You know who." I stated simply before tears started falling down my cheeks once again as the image of their lips together filled my vision.

"I'm so sorry Amelia." Harper sighed and hugged me.

Elizabeth followed suit and I found myself smiling a bit at the affection but it all went to shit when someone barged into the cottage. My face fell and a wave of anger washed over me as bile raised in my throat.

"Please leave us alone." Henry demanded in an unusually rude tone.

He was never rude to the help and always treated everyone as equals. I guess he was too caught up in his feelings to realise but he couldn't care less.

"Don't leave." I told them, my eyes pleading but they stood up anyway.

"We'll be upstairs if you need us." Elizabeth smiled sympathetically before following Harper up the stairs.

I didn't want this. I didn't want to speak or look at him. Just last night he told me that he loved me and now he went around kissing Evelyn.

"Get out." I gritted, standing up to leave after Harper and Elizabeth but he grabbed my wrist, making me turn to face him.

"She kissed me." He sighed. "And I'm so sorry that you had to see that."

I didn't say anything, I just rolled my eyes and kept it on the floor. I didn't need his compelling eyes to mush up my brain. I needed to think straight but it seemed impossible around Henry, like it always used to be.