Special || Workers' Background Stories

Harper Wood (20) - Server for one and a half years.
Harper was born after her mother ran away - at age eighteen, from her home in Hong Kong, to be with the man she thought was her soulmate. After moving in with him, she realised that he was rich for all the wrong reasons - he was working for the mafia. Her love for him blinded her from all the wrong things he did like shoving her whenever his boss scolded him or bringing a different female home now and then. It was after a random gang murdered him at a train station not far from where they lived that Harper's mother realised that she was pregnant. Too broken and too traumatized, she lived on her own until Harper was born. The very same day of her birth, Harper's mother left her in a box in front of an orphanage before traveling back to Hong Kong. Harper grew up in the orphanage since no one in Istanbul wanted to adopt a foreign child. While Harper grew up, the orphanage became more and more poor. It was on her eighteenth birthday when they told her to leave and find herself a job. She begged them to let her stay until she found something and one of the workers pitied her, so they told her about the Thompsons and how they were looking for help in their home. Harper took the lady's advise and sure enough, Mr Thompson was so kind as to allow her to work. Mrs Thompson saw how much her guests loved Harper and decided to give her the server position.

Abigail White (48) - cook for thirty seven years.
Abigail wasn't born into a rich family, her mother worked for the Thompsons while her father sold wood from the trees near their cottage. Her parents worked hard to afford Abigail's school fees and Abigail worked hard on her grades. Her parents blessed her with the opportunity to study as a chef at a nearby community college and she was satisfied. One day her father was making a fire near the cottage and her mother was cooking on the gas stove inside the cottage. Things that are still unexplained led to a huge fire, burning everything. The cottage, their things and Abigail's parents. At age twenty one, she had nothing left. She found out that her parents used every penny of their savings to pay for her tuition fees. Mr and Mrs Thompson agreed that Abigail could work for them and Mrs Thompson had a liking towards her. So much so that it hurt Mrs Thompson that Abigail was depressed and never spoke, only cleaned. Mrs Thompson spoke to her husband about it and sure enough, they came to a conclusion that Abigail would be happier as the cook. And so she was.

Elizabeth Watson (22) - Cleaner for one year.
Elizabeth was born into a rich family that only cared about status, money and power. She knew that her parents wanted a son and not a daughter by the way they trained her to take over their tech company. She was taught to be a lady since she learnt how to walk and she was sure that it was also since that time that her parents looked for a suitable husband that could help her take over the company. According to her parents, Elizabeth was too soft and wouldn't make it far as the CEO and they needed her to get married. At age twenty one, the legal age of marriage, her parents gave her one of the worst birthday presents ever. A husband, a man twice her age who had an unsettling reputation when it came to woman but the best reputation when it came to his business. Elizabeth couldn't believe her parents and so she ran, she ran and stayed on the streets for four days, wondering how her parents wouldn't even look for her. On the fourth day of walking in the town center, she came across a poster that stated that helped was needed. She went in for an interview and the Thompsons gave her a job. She was satisfied.

Jacob Jackson (50) - Gardener for ten years.
Jacob was a happy farmer, didn't have much but was comfortable with his wife. They were happy, even though his wife couldn't bare any children due to an accident when she was younger. He was still a happy man, farming. His happiness multiplied when his Kate sister's husband told him to take in his nephew. He never saw his wife smile so much. His nephew was fifteen and they had a good time raising him. Until his wife became sick, she was diagnosed with blood cancer and Jacob spent all his time and money, trying to heal his wife. Unfortunately, his wife died in hospital and Jacob was left with nothing. He couldn't afford his farm anymore so he sold it to Mr Thompson. Mr Thompson was kind enough to allow Jacob to work and take care of the farm, along with the gardening at the Thompson Home.

Michael Wright (18) - Gardener for two years.
Michael was rebellious. Spent his rich father's money like it was dirt. Got into trouble every other weekend and even disrespected his father. His father who he knew hated him. He knew his father hated him and blamed him for his mother's death. His mother died giving birth to Michael and his father haven't remarried since. His father was fed up with Michael and it frustrated him that his business was slacking, along with the reputation Michael's actions caused him to have. It was when Michael announced that he was dropping out of school when his father drew the line. His father had warned him that if he didn't go back to school, his father would disown him. With hate in his heart and stubbornness in his mind, he disobeyed his father once again. His father then sent him to live with his mother's older brother, Jacob. Michael didn't mind and for a year, everything was great. Michael didn't feel the need to rebel out in order to get attention, both his uncle and his wife showed him a bit too much of that. It was when he turned sixteen when his uncle's wife died. Michael was worried about his uncle, his uncle who he lobed dearly. He was so worried that he followed his uncle everywhere and offered to help at work. Mr Thompson noticed the boy playing around while helping his uncle and decided to pay him for that.

Daniel Abbot (38) - Personal assistant for seventeen years.
Daniel was well off but not rich. He hated school as a kid, he hated school as a teenager. He left bed his friends and he loved messing around but he hated the studying part. Him and even his parents were surprised when he graduated high school. His marks was too low for a university but he managed to get into a community college. Daniel realised that he hated studying even more and didn't take it very seriously. One day, him and his parents were on their way to their holiday beach house. Daniel was tired of his mother's old school music and fought with her to play his own metal rock music. His father had warned them to not fight near the steering wheel or else he would lose control over the car so his mother agreed and allowed Daniel to play whatever he wanted. Bad idea. The sudden beat of Daniel's favorite song scared his father so much that he choked on the bubble gum he was chewing. Frantically, they tried to help him but it was no use. His father was panicking too much and lost control over the car. The car rolled down a hill, not too steep but not very good either. His father died instantly, a branch of a tree stabbed him in the temple. His mother died in the hospital because of internal bleeding and Daniel was the only survivor. All he had was a dislocated shoulder, slight swelling on the brain that the doctors could get under control and deep scratches. After being discharged from the hospital, he knew that he needed to get a job. Aiming high, he looked at all of the jobs available at the country's most successful companies. Sure enough, he was hired as Mr Thompson's personal assistant.