𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐏𝐄𝐑
𝐛𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧, 𝐦𝐚

"anddd done" i smiled spinning aurora's chair around to the vanity mirror

she gasped then covering her mouth, "i love ittt" she exclaimed playing with her hair. "i'm glad you do" i smiled in the reflection before i started to clean up my work area.

i'm a hairstylist for influencers like ari, dream doll, jayda, and people of that sort. but recently i've been working in aunt's shop with my cousin, dylan.

aurora then paid me and was on her way out. i sighed knowing i was alone until i heard the bells announcing that someone was walking in. "we're not accepting walk ins-"

"oh whatever rome, i have your lunch" dylan giggled handing me bill's barbecue. "thanks, ive been starving" i rubbed my belly reaching for the fruit punch. "i know"

i sat down and opened my instagram app then putting a fry in my mouth. "soooo jaylen gave me tickets to the game tomorrow" dylan scraped the empty ranch packet.

"that's super nice" i nodded my head looking up from my cellphone knowing she had a dumb plan in mind.  "and i was wondering if you wanted to go"

"dyl you know i have work to do tomorrow" i partially lied dusting my hands off and her lips formed into a frown. but really knowing i didn't want to go cause jayson would be there and the both of us literally hate each other.

"rome pleaseeee you never go anywhere since that lame ass ryan you used to date" she sighed eyeing me. "dylan it's not ev- fine" i gave in then rolled my eyes.

yes, i'm gonna give you a little backstory on ryan! so boom, basically i met ryan when we were about 15 at a summer camp. we hit it off well, our moms met and they became bestfriends and throughout that time we just grew closer. and the day after our highschool graduation at our party i found him cheating on me.

and even after that i still took him back thinking he'd change. yes i was a fool i know! but people change. BUT that's not even the real reason i didn't want to go!!

and i had only seen jayson a couple time but when i did he always had a bitchy attitude trying to ruin my day!

"yayyyy" dylan clapped sipping her sweet tea. "oh ya we have court side too girl" she winked and her mom walked in eyeing her daughter doing a dance.

"dylan what in the hell are you being loud about" my aunt hissed crossing her arms. "momma i'm just excited"

"about what" i eyed her as she went around turning the vanity lights off to each station.

"dylan's little boo got us tickets to his basketball game tomorrow" i huffed taking a seat at the little bar.

"that jaylen boy?" she questioned shifting all her weight to the opposite leg. "yes"

"and dylan bagged him? chile please" my aunt waved us off causing me to giggle and dyl to scoff.

"not y'all hating on me" dylan rolled her eyes gathering her trash. "girl, nobody is hating. and rome tell yo momma i said to call me"

"okay" i grabbed dylan's trash from her and threw it away. i then gathered my belongings and was on my way out.

"rome, remember you don't come in tomorrow" my aunt said to me and i nodded my head. "bye auntie, bye dylan" i waved before closing the door.

"text me rome!" dylan yelled and auntie popped her for being loud. "ouch what the-"

"watch that potty mouth girl" she warned her. i giggled and was headed to my car.

i got in getting comfortable and took a breath. tomorrow is gonna be the death of me!