𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐏𝐄𝐑
𝐛𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧, 𝐦𝐚

"soooo, i was thinking pink" i said to dylan over the phone

"soooo, i was thinking pink" i said to dylan over the phone. currently we were planning what scheme i wanted to settle on so we can gather all of the things we'll need.

"ooou! let's do brown print" dylan grinned and i smiled at her great idea. "yes, i think that'll look best"

"look at me coming up with good ideas" she did the dougie in the frame of the camera and jaylen joined in. "y'all make me sick" i laughed at the couple and focused my eyes back on the road.

"thanks dyl i'll call you later, i'm about to go to my moms" i said and she stopped celebrating. "fine, tell auntie i said heyy" she said "gotchu" and with that i hung up the phone giggling at her antics.

a couple minutes later i pulled up seeing an unfamiliar car. i furrowed my eyebrows wondering who it could possibly be but then again it may be that boring ass book study she has with her homegirls.

i walked through the door and all heads snapped towards me. "hey rome, we were just talking about you" my mom smiled and i giggled nervously. i walked into the living room seeing a bright skinned woman and a familiar child, i just cant put my finger on it.

"rome, this is brandy and her grandson, deuce. brandy this is my daughter rome" my mom pointed at me and the woman nodded her head greeting me.

"wait, your the girl i seen at the game like last week wasn't it" she asked innocently. how does she- waitttt she must be stalking me?!

"yep, that was me" i smiled taking a seat by my mom. "ya, her cousin dylan is dating jaylen i think" my mom said and brandy opened her mouth. "ooooh, yes makes sense"

"i'm jayson's mom" she giggled and i froze. WOAH AND HOW TO HELL SHE-

"jayson is a good friend of hers" my mom hit my leg lightly. girl, no he isn't!!!

"he's so sweet" i lied. "and this must be his son". i smiled at the baby and he blushed. he is literally so cute!

"yes he acts just like jayson" she giggled picking him up and sitting him on her lap.

this is like weird! "i have to go get something" i excused myself to the guest room quickly facetiming dyl.

"yes?" she yawned, i could see she was in the dark and was just waking up from a nap.

"um, well jayson's mom is friends with mine. they're co workers and i just met her and deuce a couple seconds ago and little does she know her son hates my guts" i said in one breath and took another. "i told you that y'all are meant to be" jaylen said in the back and i frowned.

"no jaylen! we aren't" he purses his lips to the side and i tried to keep a straight face.

"shes secretly in love with him" dylan whispered to jaylen and he nodded his head knowing dylan was correct.

"bye, i've had enough of this madness" i huffed and hung up on the duo. i walked back into the living room and chatted with my mom, brandy and played with deuce for the next hour or so.

•••

"don't know who need to hear this another nigga could never, spoiling her too easy, make it harder for the next one" i mumbled walking to jaylen's door step.

why does it always seem like i'm with them or talking to them? smh! these are the only friends i have.

"i got it" i heard a deep voice approaching the door and i raised my brow. "the hell" i mumbled before the door swung open. revealing... JAYSON!

he sighed and i rolled my eyes. i walked inside brushing past him. "excuse you rome"

"shut up christopher" i emphasized his middle name. yes, his mom told me! forgot to mention that she showed us hella pics from when he was a baby.

"wait, how do you know my middle name? stalker ass"

"well for one, my mom is like friends with yours and two, no one is stalking your big ass" i shook my head following jayson into jaylen's man cave seeing him, dylan, and a couple other guys from the team.

i took a seat by dylan and seconds later jayson took a seat by me and i mugged him. "what? there was no more seats left" he mugged back and i scoffed. "you must want a kiss or something? fuck" i rolled my eyes and he giggled "same thing you said last week but i wouldn't pass up on that offer now" he smirked playfully leaning in.

making me lean my head the opposite way so he wouldn't come closer. "i didn't say that" i lied gluing my eyes on the tv so i didn't have to look at him.

"yes you did"

i sighed, "jayson shut up"

"look at those twoooo" tristan dragged pointing at us. "no it's-"

"they've been flirting for weeks now" kemba adds and jayson waved him off. "no way" he said in a 'pshhh' tone.

"exactly, i'd never" i agreed shrugging my shoulders trying to brush it off. i looked over at dylan and she said a 'stop lying' expression written all over her face.

"you too?" i mouthed clearly showing i was annoyed.

she nodded her head smiling.

when will this stop?!!