𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐏𝐄𝐑
𝐛𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧, 𝐦𝐚

"okay, period" i added my finishing touching on one my model's lace

"okay, period" i added my finishing touching on one my model's lace. i quickly added the butterfly in her hair and scurried out of the way so the camera man could snap the pics.

i recorded the women to post on my instagram story. "this looks so good" my aunt, mom, and brandi walked into the studio as the guy was snapping pictures of the lovely women.

"i'm so proud of you rome this looks amazing" my aunt clapped and brandi and my mom agreed.

"thanks, i'm so nervous about" i held my chest as the girls shifted poses. "i was the mastermind behind all of it" dylan said and the women giggled. "this was a team effort" i emphasized the word team.

"cant wait for the results" brandi said and i smiled at her. "thanks i cant wait either" i walked away from the group and walked back towards where the camera man and my models were.

the guy took a couple more and we were finished. "yesss, thanks so much" i hugged the models. "we're finally done" i recorded them and they cheered.

"thanks again ladies, i enjoyed you all i have your gift baskets in your dressing room" i said to them all and they thanked me.

i took a breath walking back over to my mom, brandy, aunt diana, and dylan. "soooo what do you ladies wanna do?" i questioned cleaning up a bit.

"i made reservations at the mistral for your celebration lunch" my mom said and brandy nodded in agreement.

"you read my mind sis, i've been starving" aunt diane rubbed her rumbling stomach. "mom same" dylan sipped her water.

"like mother like daughter" i said and they all laughed.

"where's jaylen?" i asked. "they're at practice" she waved. "oooh," i nodded grabbing my keys. "well we best get going if we want to be on time" my mom said i followed behind her.

can't believe i'm actually chilling with jayson's mom like we're cool! and can't believe that my hair campaign is finally launching tonight at 12!

•••

"i'll take a water" i nodded at the waiter who was eyeing me. "okay, and for you?" he pointed his pen at dylan. "i'll have a lemonade with a lemon" she smiled. he nodded and a walked away leaving us to talk.

we were in the last booth away from everyone so it was really quiet where we were and enough room for everyone.

𝐃𝐘𝐋𝐀𝐍 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐛𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧, 𝐦𝐚

𝐃𝐘𝐋𝐀𝐍 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐒𝐎𝐍
𝐛𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧, 𝐦𝐚

"how are you and jaylen?" aunt faye, rome's mom asked me

"we're doing great actually, he wants me to meet his family" i said to the women and they nodded their heads except my mom. "don't you think it's a little early for that though?" my mom questioned in a monotonous tone. i knew she would do this.

"yea, but i love him and he loves me so we thought it'd be a good idea." i shrugged peeping the message a co worker just sent me.

"the two of you are so cute" brandy smiled at me. she's so sweet i wonder why her son is such an asshole to rome!

"thank you so much" i showed my smile.

"dylan don't come to be when he breaks your heart" my mom warned me and i mentally rolled my eyes. "mom, he won't he's a great-"

"that's what they all say and you're gonna end up like me, knocked up with two kids" she said and rome sighed knowing where this was about to go.

"diana, chill. let's the kids live" aunt faye put her hand on my mom's arm. "faye, please. you've had it easy" she huffed. "can we like not? in front of ms brandy please?" rome rolled her eyes at us.

every time we get together my mom wants to act like this, aunt faye steps in, she asks for forgiveness later, and it happens all over again.

"it's fine, i understand" brandy nodded. idk but i love this woman!!

"fine" my mom huffed once again as the waiter came back with our drinks.

"thank you" aunt faye took her sprite and eyed me. "i'm sorry" she mouthed and i nodded my head in understanding. i truly loved aunt faye she was like a mom to me before my actual mom was.

that's why rome and i are super close.

"what about you rome? any lovers?" aunt faye asked rome as she was sipping her water. "huh?" she raised a brow startled at the question.

"no-"

"yes she's into jayson. they literally love each oth-"

"no" rome cut me off with the simple answer. i looked over at brandi and she was giggling. "speaking of that, jayson was telling me about you two. he says you're really pretty" brandy said and rome smiled. i elbowed her lightly smirking at her.

she playfully rolled her eyes in annoyance. "they're always arguing like they're a married couple" i added and rome sighed. "i think they two of you would be cute" aunt faye added as well. "nooooo" rome dragged.

"she's in denial, she know my baby handsome" brandy waved her off leaving rome to laughed. "i guess"

i eyed my mother and she was staring out of the window.