Robo-Child

"Gently this time" 'P.B could be heard saying softly as Axel reached for a tea kettle'

'P.B nervously bit her lip as Axel grasped the kettle, shakily lifting it upwards'

'Axel tilted his hand slightly towards the tea cup the princess was holding'

'After a moment. Tea began pouring from the kettle and into the cup, causing Axel to tilt the kettle back upwards before placing it down'

"Wonderfully done Axel!" 'P.B praised as she stood up, having placed the tea cup down'

'All around the table were the broken remains of tea kettles. At least four in total'

'As a small smile crossed Axel's face. A quiet beeping began coming from him, his posture slumping slightly'

'P.B carefully stood under Axel, helping him stay standing. A look of concern having crossed her face'

'As she stood under Axel she got a glympse into his near fully repaired chest cavity'

'His reactor was flashing a soft red color periodically, as were his energy banks'

"I see now. You're running low on power, I think I know how to fix that" 'P.B said with audible relief in her voice'

"But you've got to work with me bub" 'The princess said as she strained herself, helping Axel correct his posture'

'The princess helped Axel limp himself out of the room and down the hallways of her castle. Slowly but surely they made it to their destination'

'Axel bent down as she led him through a doorway, briefly knocking his head on the top of the doorway, cracking it upon impact'

"Ta-da!" 'P.b exclaimed as she stood in the center of the room'

'A large bedroom had been constructed with Axel's posture in mind. A large bed was in the far left corner of the room'

"I know it's not much just yet. But I figured if you're going to be staying here, you should at least have somwhere to rest" 'P.B explained as she turned to look at Axel'

'Axel's left eye flickered out as he tilted his head in confusion'

"Just lay down okay? You should be able to save up some more energy in reserve. I'll have something for you to eat when you wake up" 'B.P explained as she walked Axel over to the bed'

'As Axel laid down, his remaining eye flickered before going out, his eyes closing as he shut down'

'With a small smile. P.B made her way out of the bedroom, softly closing the door'

'Letting out a sigh P.B leaned back against the door'

"Are you feeling well princess?" 'Peppermint butler asked out of the blue, causing the princess to jump, letting out an audible yelp'

"Oh. It's just you.." 'P.B said in relief, earning a concerned expression from peppermint butler'

"You seem troubled princess" 'Peppermint butler stated as he sat down on the ground next to P.B, causing her to sit down as well'

"Well....I suppose I'm just confused is all. It's been a long three days" 'P.B explained as she rested her elbows on her lap'

"Understandable. Taking in a synthetic life form can be difficult" 'Peppermint butler stated in agreement, earning a look of confusion'

"Well...it's definetly been an adjustment period. But I've actually been enjoying myself" 'P.B admitted with a small smile'

"Really?" 'Peppermint butler asked curiously'

"Yeah. I mean, with all the candy citizens they all grew up more or less independently. But with Axel I've had to teach him myself" 'P.B explained softly, placing her hands in her lap'

'Peppermint butler sat in silence, waiting for the princess to continue'

"I get to teach him everything! And he'll actually learn...."

"He's very child like right now, but it's endearing in a way" 'P.B continued, a soft smile crossing her face'

'Peppermint butler smiled slightly as P.B clasped her hands on her chest'

"I wanna keep him" 'The princess stated in a matter of fact tone, earning a look of surprise from Peppermint butler'

"P-Princess. Are you sure about that?" 'Peppermint butler asked in a mixture of  confusion and alarm'

"I'm adopting him. He's my robo-child now" 'P.B stated with determination in her voice'

*To Be Continued*