A Walk

"Dont worry about him, he's just a little undercooked" 'Bonnibel said as she and Axel walked through town, turning Axel's attention from Cinnamon Bun'

"His lack of p-perception alarms me" 'Axel said softly, a small shudder accompanying his statement'

'Bonnie raised an eyebrow as she looked to Axel'

"Why's that?" 'She asked curiously, continuing to walk'

"He has no way of protecting himself should he be in danger. He could get hurt" 'Axel stated honestly, earning a soft smile from his mother'

"I forget you're still technically a kid sometimes" 'Bonnie said with a soft chuckle'

"What do you mean?" 'Axel asked curiously, his eyes flickering as he did'

"Well, you use such an elaborate vocabulary. I guess it makes it easy to forget how innocent you are" 'Bonnibel explained honestly, earning a hum from Axel'

"Mother. May I inquire about something?" 'Axel asker softly as he came to a stop, causing Bonnie to turn around'

"Whatsup?"

"Thus far, everyone I have met has looked at me as if I were a threat...am I...scaring people?" 'Axel asked softly, his eyes flickering to a darker blue color'

'Bonnibel's face softened as she took Axel's hands into her own'

"Well, that's a difficult question to awnser." 'Bonnie said softly, doing her best to approach the situation'

"You are the first of your kind. The first living machine. So you are much bigger and stronger than even most adults"

"So yes...people may be scared of you" 'Bonnie explained, earning a saddened gaze from Axel as he looked down'

"But in time. They will learn to not be scared of you. You have a good heart-"

"I have a reactor"

"Right" 'Bonnie said with a chuckle, shaking her head as she did so'

"You're a good person Axel. It'll just take some time for everyone to see that" 'Bonnibel explained, earning a half hearted smile from Axel'

'Bonnie thought to herself before it was as if a metaphorical light bulb lit up above her head'

"Hey, lets go out for a bit" 'the queen said with mild excitement, earning a look of curiosity from Axel'

"But we're already out" 'Axel said with a tilt of his head'

"No, like out of the kingdom! Lets go on a nature walk" 'Bonnie explained as she began to walk back to the castle'

"I just have to make a quick stop at the castle first"

'Outside the candy kingdom Bonnie led Axel through a gum tree forest'

"Pretty" 'Axel said softly, his eyes sparkling slightly'

"You think so?" 'Bonnibel asked with a chuckle'

'Bonnie came to a stop, turning to find Axel looking up'

'The trees loomed over even him. It seemed to entrace him in a way'

'Bonnie watched as Axel curiously reached up to the tree, softly tracing his metallic fingers over the cotton candy like leaves'

'The queen's soft smile quickly vanished as Axel broke off the branch, taking a bite out of the candy tree'

'Axel's reactor spun up momentarily before his eyes flashed green, a more content expression crossing his face as he did'

"You were running low on fuel?" 'Bonnie asked with a slight concerned tone in her voice'

'Axel nodded in affirmation, earning a slight pout from his mother'

"I could have made you something before we left..." 'Bonnie said softly, earning a soft shake of Axel's head'

"You were busy" 'Axel said dismissively'

"Still. You're my son, I need to take care of you" 'Bonnie said softly'

*To Be Continued*