chapter one

"Hello, what can I get for you?" Louis says after eying the customer who just sat in front of him.

"Vodka, straight," said the oddly looking man. Louis nodded and turned back and started pouring the drink. When the glass was full he turned back to where the man was sitting and handed him the glass saying

"There ya go" the man nodded as if he said thanks and shrugged off. Louis was used to this, but he wanted it to get over as soon as possible. He was trying out for his dream football team while working part-time as a bartender in a local gay bar called 'The Eagle'.

His best friend Zayn suggested that he join there for some extra money. They both shared an apartment near the bar.

"Hey, there mate! how ya doin'?" an Irish voice of his other best friend Niall came. He turned to look at him and his face lit up. The Irish lad was wonderful, he wasn't gay but he came there to meet Louis and zayn.

"Heyy Nialler thanks for coming" he bent over the counter slightly and hugged him.

"No problem at all mate, I get free drinks so why not" they both laughed and Louis flipped him off. Niall and zayn had been there for him for his whole life. He met them in his preschool where he was a trouble maker and then he found zayn to be his partner in crime, and then Niall joined them to make them laugh and get them out of trouble.

"You still up for the charity event this weekend?" Louis asked. He had found this foundation a couple of years back which helped kids in need by setting up a fair and some stalls to gather money. When Louis found out he immediately signed up as a volunteer. Since then he does this every year. He feels good to make others smile.

"Of course! wouldn't miss it by any chance" he smiled and answered. They both spoke for some more time till Louis was called over by another bartender. They both said goodbye and Niall left.

"Hi, lou" greeted the other bartender, roman. They both were close, but he tried to flirt with Louis again and again. He then completely started ignoring when he used to flirt. But that didn't stop roman.

"Hi, roman" Louis said with a fake smile on his face. He wasn't that rude when he talked to people, but when they piss him off he gets into the 'Tommo way'.

"It's been a while since we've hung out. Don't you think?" Roman says.

"Yea" seems he didn't want to hang out with him, he didn't know what to answer.

"Well do you think we could do that this weekend?" Roman says with a nervous expression. Clearly, he wanted to ask him out for a date, but Louis didn't want to go to one with him.

"umm I don't think so, I have got this charity event to do and I'll be busy with that the whole weekend," Louis replies.

Roman's face fell but he tried to put on a genuine smile and said "Oh okay, It's alright. It's great that you do a charity event and all"

"Thanks," Louis says. Even if he flirts with him, he isn't a bad guy. he is very humble but sometimes he goes into Louis' head and messes things up.

It was a bit awkward cause no one said anything after that and suddenly they're interrupted by zayn who puts his arm around Louis' shoulder and says "Heyy Tommo! I was looking for you" he tilts his head and looks at roman and says "ya won't mind right if I steal him from here?"

"Ya it's no problem," Roman says with a nose scrunch and says bye and leaves.

"Thanks, Z it was really awkward for some time out there," Louis says to zayn.

"Teah, I saw your face. It looked like you wanted to poop plus awkwardness." they both gave out a laugh while walking.

"Niall had come, I looked for you but I think you were busy with Ashton," Louis said with wiggling eyebrows. He wanted zayn to be happy and get someone to share the happiness with along with love. when he met this guy called Ashton in the bar he tried to set them up. They were together for a few months now.

"Ash came over unexpectedly and I just went you know.." zayn said while scratching the back of his neck.

"I had not seen him for a long time" Louis bumped zayn's shoulder with his own, and zayn looked down. 

"Yeah he's been pretty busy," he said looking down. He didn't seem happy. 

"Zayn mate it's alright, he'll come around more often when he gets time. don't worry."

Zayn smiled and the head towards their lockers in the bar. Their shift was over and they were finally about to go to their flat.

They grabbed their stuff and exited the bar. Louis was thinking to go and play football for some time but then he remembered they had to go prepare for the fair which was supposed to happen in two days. 

They moved towards their shared car and after arguing for about five minutes to decide who was driving, zayn sat in the driver's seat and Louis stormed off to the passenger's seat. Louis was a great driver. (obviously). 

They reached home and Louis plopped down on the couch and started scrolling down on his phone where zayn went to the kitchen and opened the fridge.

"You didn't go grocery shopping. again." zayn shouted from the kitchen.

"I'm sorry Z, I forgot" Louis grunted zayn took out two dr. pepper's and gave him a death glare. 

"well dont give me that look. if you want we can go now. Anyways I had to get a few stuff for the event" Louis said sitting up.

"I don't have a problem. even I need some things, but this is the last time I'm going with you. whenever it's your turn you end up taking me too." Zayn said handing him the other can of dr. pepper and sitting down next to him.

"Okay, we'll leave in some time. we can pick up dinner too while coming back," Louis said while checking the time. it was 10:30 pm. Their shift had ended early. Or they end up coming home at around midnight. They took the evening/night shifts so that Louis can practice in the morning. and believe it or not, there are many people in the bar in the morning as well.

They spent half an hour talking about random stuff. Zayn told him more about Ashton and how he wasn't paying attention to him that much nowadays. Louis was worried for his best friend. He just wanted him to be happy but that wasn't clearly happening. Louis told him about how badly he wanted to be on the team. He tried to change the topic. But they both were a bit sad.

- - -

a/n: hey guys! this is my first time writing fanfic so please bear with me (if actual people are reading this). But anygays have a good day/night.

~jay.