05-Bruises

And I'm done hoping that we can work it out
I'm done with how it feels
spinning my wheels
Letting you drag my heart around

Draco Malfoy was once again awoke by the sound of someone pounding at his door. Obviously sleep had become too much to ask for. He pulled himself from his bed with a groan and crossed to fling the door open.

"Zabini so help me, if you-" he stopped, staring at the girl standing outside his door. "Come to laugh some more Granger?"

Hermione Granger stood in his doorway smiling slightly at his just out of bed appearance. It was mid afternoon, but obviously she'd awoken him. He was standing in front of her in a white v-neck and green flannel pajama bottoms.

"No actually, I figured since you saw my ground rules as rude, we could renegotiate." She said trying to look as nicely as possible.

Truth be told when she'd awoke that morning, a small twinge of guilt hit her. Malfoy had never apologized to her and she'd thrown it back in his face. Granted he was being a jerk just moments before, but he'd still made the effort.

"Go back to your room Granger. It's too early and I am too hungover to deal with your crap." He said. It was the truth, after leaving her room he'd come back to his flat and downed 2 bottles of fire whiskey. Once again he attempted to slam the door on another person. The result was the same as Blaise, she put her foot out and pushed into Draco's flat.

"I'm trying be nice Malfoy. Hear me out at the least." She paused waiting to see if he was going to complain again. "I apologize for being so rude to you yesterday. I had no right, I guess old prejudices die hard. You came to meet me, and I threw a bunch of crazy rules at you. Then when you where nice enough to return my book, I was rude again. To top it all off, I threw your apology back at you. It's not an excuse but I've had a lot going on. I'm sorry."

"I don't need your pity. I don't really care what the hell the Weasle and you are in a row over either. It's got shit to do with me. In the end though-" He stopped noticing the witch laughing again. "What the hell was so funny now?"

"Sorry." She said attempting to stop her giggles. She took a deep breath. "Sorry, it was just that you said you had nothing to do with me and Ron's breakup. I just realized my boyfriend dumped me over a boy I grew up despising. It's ironic really." She said finally containing her giggles.

"What in merlins name are you on about Granger?" Draco looked at her annoyed and utterly confused.

"Oh nothing, sorry. I was just kind of thinking aloud."

"No its not nothing Granger. You just told me your boyfriend dumped you over me. If he's going to show up here with chocolate frogs and enchanted roses, I want to know!" Draco said completely serious. He shuttered at the thought of it.

"That's not what I meant Malfoy. Calm down." Hermione said, smiling slightly at the picture he'd just created for her. "He just wasn't happy I went to your trial. He's fragile right now after losing his brother." She stopped realizing who she was telling all of this. "Anyways, do you want to discuss this or not? We'll be living together the entire school year, I know it'll never be a happy situation, but I'd take not horrible" She meant it to. This was her final year and she would be taking her NEWTs. She needed to take this seriously so when she got to school she could study. Nothing was more important to her at the moment.

Draco pulled a chair away from the table and motioned for Hermione to sit. As she removed her jacket and placed it on the chair, Draco noticed a bruise on her wrist. It almost looked like a bracelet, a perfect ring, about as thick as someone's fingers. Grabbing her hand lightly he pulled it to him, making Hermione jump.