08-Games

'Cause you and Tequila make me crazy
Run like poison in my blood
One more night could kill me, baby
One is one too many, one more is never enough

Draco stood in his living room holding a glass of fire whiskey and pacing. His mind was racing trying to figure everything out. He didn't know why he'd gotten this worked up over a silly girl. Especially considering Hermione had been right, Weasle wasn't his father. He wasn't slapping her for saying the wrong things in front of his friends. Granted he was man handling her, but that didn't necessarily mean he was abusive either.

Yet all Draco could think about was the bruises on her. It made him cringe not because she was some poor abused woman but because this was Hermione Granger. She maybe strong witted and throw a mean punch, but even his evil young self knew she was innocent. This girl hand never sought out to hurt anyone without provocation. Even if he was mean to her, he'd never taken it past words.

Suddenly his mind was brought to her healing him. This was proof of how pure she was. He was foul towards her growing up, yet she'd taken the time to care for him. Thinking of her face he couldn't help but want to touch it. To just feel a bit of purity, something he'd never had. But he knew it would never happen, she would never let him near her. Hermione Granger was light and his darkness would surely snuff that out.

He tore himself from his thoughts to look at the clock on his mantle. It read 7:15, she was late. He began pacing again as his thoughts took him over again. 'What if Weasle did something? What if him and her friends are refusing to let her come? What if she thinks me a monster and doesn't want to come? Perhaps she's going to McGonagall to force her to pick another head boy? What if-'

He stopped pacing as a knock came to the door. He ran to open it. "You're late Granger." He said angrily before looking at her. She looked even worse then when he'd gone to her room to return her book. "What did he do?" Draco said menacingly.

"Nothing. It's just been a lot today and when I got to my room I realized you were probably right. I should steer clear of Ron, at least for awhile... So I told Harry I was leaving and that I'd... I'd go stay at my.... Parents house." And as she finally got the words out she collapsed in a heap on his door step, crying hysterically.

"Good Lord Granger." He said before bending down and picking her up. He jumped slightly as she wrapped her arms around his neck. She didn't care if it was Draco Malfoy, sworn enemy. She just needed someone to realize she was falling and catch her.

Draco walked her over to his couch to set her down, but she clung even tighter to him. So instead he opted to sit there with her in his lap, as she cried into his chest. He didn't know how to handle a crying girl so all he could do was rub her back and hope it helped.

They sat like that for for sometime before Hermione finally calmed down and pulled herself to the seat beside him. "I'm sorry about that."

"What's so bad about your parents house?" He said slowly, hoping not to set her off again.

Hermione stared at him for a moment, thinking. This wasn't something she liked talking about and especially not with Malfoy. Looking at his wet shirt though, she couldn't deny that she probably owed it to him.

"When Harry, Ron, and me left last year, I knew I was was putting my parents in danger. If anyone wanted information on me, they would be the first option. So I obliviated they're memories. I wiped any memory of me and made them believe that it was their life long dream to move to Australia." Hermione paused willing the sobs away. "Originally the plan had been to come back after the war and fix it. Except obliviating someone is complex magic, even for me. Something must have gone wrong because every counter curse I've tried doesn't work. So I left them in Australia... I haven't been back to my house since it happened... I don't know if I'm ready now even if I have to be." Hermione looked at the floor trying to hold everything in.