○ We're Proud of You and that's all that Matters ○

2020 sucked. The Lecter family knew that well. Very well indeed. Will had been out every day, working as the special FBI agent Jack had declared him as. Hannibal had been continuing his sessions online but it was difficult to properly understand his patients over the phone. Their daughter Abigail had also been studying from home and despite all of Hannibal's efforts to make her quarantine better, she became more cranky and isolated herself in her room for most of the day. Hannibal could sense her stress. He bought her ice-cream but she would only talk to Will.

Hannibal sighed as he saw Will step out of Abby's room with the same look of disappointment that he had been wearing every time talking to Abigail. Time kept moving but Hannibal hated seeing his daughter like this. Slowly, he began to give up hope. April 2021 neared and things began to go back to normal all over the world but this wasn't the case in Lecter Residence. Abigail began staying quieter and sometimes her face gave away glimpses of nervousness. She thought she had masked her emotions well but Hannibal was not to be underestimated. He caught on. One day he decided to confront Abigail but she refused to even make eye contact. This concerned both Hannibal and Will.

One night, when Abby had gone to bed, Will went into the kitchen to talk to Hannibal who was wiping away the spotless plates. The said man glanced up and gave a hum to acknowledge his husband's presence.
"Han, I don't like this."

"Me neither Will. But I am afraid that this time, Abigail won't let us help."

"Do you think she's hiding something from us?"

"Why else would she seclude herself? It could be possible that she wishes to tell us something but is concerned about our opinions. Hence, this behavior. "

William thought about Hannibal's words as he headed up to Abby's room. He knocked lightly on her door and after a few minutes, a faint come in could be heard. Will entered the room slowly. He was nervous. He slowly neared her bed and took a deep breath before sitting on the edge of the mattress. When Abigail felt her bed dip, she snuggled further into her pillow.

Will sighed. He rubbed Abigail's shoulder and reassured her. He told her that he was her father and she could tell him anything. Abby rose up slightly and looked at Will. His heart sank when he saw the tear stained face of his daughter. He hugged her and told her that everything would be okay. He cooed affirmations at her and rubbed her back lightly. Hannibal entered the room quietly and seated himself on the chair placed into a dark corner of Abby's room.

He watched the scene unfold as Abby hugged Will tightly and sobbed into his shoulder. After wailing for a few minutes, Abby stopped and only hiccups and whimpers could be heard. She slowly let go of Will and looked up at him. Will gave her a sad smile and asked, " What's wrong Abigail? You've been so distant and secretive lately. Is something bothering you?"

Abby just looked down at her hands and said, " I hate it Dad. I hate everything. Everything hurts. The kids at school used to bully me for having two dads. And when the online classes started, I thought I wouldn't have to face them anymore but they started to harrass me online. They told me that I was a freak because of my past. They said that I would rot in hell for murdering all those girls. It was all so much dad. I can't take it anymore."
She continued to look down.

Will was overcome with sadness. He placed his hand on her shoulder again and told her," Shh Abby. It's gonna be alright. No one can hurt you now. They are so wrong. It wasn't you who killed those girls. Its not your fault. I don't care about what others say. Both of us are proud of you. We are in this together and if you face any problem in future, do promise to tell us?"
Will asked raising his pinky finger up.
Abigail looked at him but slowly entangled her little finger with him.

"And you must know Abigail. Having two fathers isn't wrong. What's wrong is teachings your children that only a man and a woman can fall in love. That's not true and no, we're not going to hell just because we love the same gender." , said Hannibal all of a sudden, startling the two.

Hannibal smiled at Abigail who returned the gesture and Will gently stroked his daughter's head.

<<End>>