Chapter 12: Tweedledee and Tweedledum

"You have got to get that girl laid," Jun declared, balancing the wine crate in his arms

Vince slammed the boot shut. His luxury sedan, the latest in a series of impulsive ego purchases, beeped and blinked as it locked. "Why don't you do it?"

"Uh..." Jun made an are-you-kidding-me face. "Because I'm dating her sister?"

The singer raised an eyebrow. "That didn't seem to bother you when you boned Mia Castillo at that fashion show in Paris."

Jun rolled his eyes, motioning for Vince to go ahead and press the elevator button as they strolled across the underground car park. The doors dinged open unexpectedly soon. The dancer had to dash to make it.

"First of all," Jun mumbled, adjusting his hold on the crate, "I mean... Mia Castillo."

He had a point.

"And second of all... Odile and I weren't officially dating at the time. Heck, I couldn't find her all night back then, remember? She was probably in someone else's bed, too."

Vince stared a bit too hard at the floor numbers going up. Ten, eleven, twelve...

"But it's fine, you know."

Jun's voice didn't sound fine. Probably not a good time to reveal who Odile had actually spent that night with.

"It's fine because we weren't together-together. But now we are. And we've put that behind us. So you have to loosen Odette the fuck up. Jesus. Oh, and did you know they speaking fucking Russian?"

Vince shrugged. "Isn't their dad Russian?"

"Yeah, but... did you ever hear Di speak Russian?"

"Di?"

"Odile's two syllables too long sometimes, sue me."

"It literally is two syllables long."

"Whatever! My point is, you never knew she spoke Russian, either, did you?"

The elevator doors opened again, on the top floor. Vince stepped out first.

"No," he said, "I didn't know. But I'm not surprised."

"I don't know, man. It's weird. Why wouldn't she tell me?"

"She doesn't have to tell you everything, Jun."

Jun swiped his key card on the reader and backed ass-first into the apartment. Vince drew a deep breath. Put his cool smile on before facing Tweedledee and Tweedledum. He'd seen pictures of the twins, but Jun had warned him to brace himself for the shock.

"Guess who's here!" Jun called out, passing through the living area towards the kitchen. "Vincent Friday in the house, ladies!"

"No need to roll out the red carpet," Vince quipped.