BHSC - Chapter 2

A sacred empire.

A country with considerable force and was now a country with a temporary alliance with the Benedictine Empire. Similarly, The Benedictine Empire is strong and is now seeking to take Elaine hostage.

'However, why would a priest like that be here?'

When Elaine was looking at him with questioning eyes.

The old priest, who came up with a flushed face, pointed his finger at Arnold and shouted,

"Lord of the Benedictine Empire! How dare you say that you're taking the princess of the neighboring kingdom as a hostage?"

"Of course it's all for the sake of peace."

Arnold snorted as he folded his arms, shaking his head as if he was in trouble.

Then he handed out the agreement to King Astor and urged him to sign it quickly.

"And as King Astor had just said, this is what he has already accepted. It's not a matter for a foreign priest to intervene."

"But this is against reason! Stealing the princess' freedom and using it politically is no different from human trafficking!"

"Human trafficking! You're going too far!"

"If so, then cancel your plans of taking the princess!"

"I've already showed mercy by not taking the prince, and now you're telling me to give up the princess? Are you trying to start a fight with the Benedictine Empire?"

"That's not what I'm trying to say right now!"

"Silence!"

Just when he felt like the two men were about to have a fistfight, the King, who had been silent until now, stopped the two men as things were just about to escalate.

The priest straightened up with a still stiffened neck. Arnold, who was about to throw a sharp attack, also briefly entered a state of a lull.

The priest, who the King has stopped, frowned and said, "Your Majesty, I still do not like this plan..."

"What's wrong with it? We were in the middle of a discussion."

Upon hearing that, the priest questioned if it truly was a discussion that was being had.

'I'm doing this for you. So why are you stopping me?'

King Astor shook his head as if he was in trouble because of the priest's blatant discomfort shown on his face.

"I didn't mean to interrupt your discussion. It's just that the conversation was getting too heated..."

"Hmm."

Was it too passionate even for someone like him?

When the priest stepped back one step, King Astor looked at Arnold and continued his words.

"I believe the priest's words hold some value. No matter how much I agree with you, it isn't my position to sell away my daughter for a couple of good words. I'd like you to offer me a consolation prize for her."

"What?"

Arnold gave a chilling grin.

He didn't expect him to act so shamelessly.

'You're already in a dangerous position yet you dare to ask for something else in return?

What kind of dog is this really?'