BHSC - Chapter 6

Mobi Grande couldn't believe the sight in front of him.

The worst and most merciless human to ever exist- Iron-blooded Emperor Benedict had put a kid on his lap and had not killed her?

For a moment, Duke Grande felt a sense of disagreement with the emperor's personality that was so different from the rumors.

Mobi Grande's body quickly tensed, as if the emperor's fearsome eyes were penetrating his entire body.

"I... I greet your Majesty the Emperor. I am Mobi Grande working as the prime minister of the Astor Kingdom."

"You've finally come to find me. It was about time."

"Ah, yes. Then I will come to see you earlier than the scheduled time from now on."

"Why do you come here so early if you are this tired? Albeit I didn't even set an appointment time."

"H-huh. Oh, yes... I made a mistake."

Mobi Grande bit his lip as if he did not want the emperor to hear it.

For him, this place was right in the middle of enemy territory.

Unlike being in the front yard of his own house, even though the land was technically not his anymore, he shouldn't reveal his feelings here so carelessly.

Wasn't that the procedure he constantly recited since his decision to visit the Benedict Empire?

'By the way, wasn't that child sitting on the emperor's lap from the Astor Kingdom? Apparently, didn't you say that you were taken as a hostage in place of those four missing girls?'

Mobi Grande was confused.

The person who was captured as a hostage was currently sitting on the emperor's lap. It is a quaint sight that one will not believe even if the emperor personally informed the Astor Kingdom.

Because of this, Duke Grande watched Elaine cautiously. Elaine, who had been eyeing the emperor the whole time, swallowed dry saliva.

'No matter how many times I had informed you of Duke Grande's weaknesses, I didn't think you would invite him to the imperial palace directly!'

This was an unexpected situation.

Up until now, Elaine had never met Mobi Grande face to face before.

In other words, this was their first meeting. The problem was that when she revealed Grande's weaknesses, she talked about him as if they were pretty close.

'But if I didn't do that, the emperor wouldn't have believed me. That was a necessary action.'

Elaine looked at the Duke of Grande with anxious eyes.

Then the Duke, who saw Elaine staring at him, smiled awkwardly and said, "Oh, Princess. Have you been well?"

"Pardon? Oh, I have..."

The two pretend to know each other.

Mobi Grande acknowledged that Elaine, who was usually not interested in such things, had captured the emperor's heart. He had greeted her to buy a little time, and Elaine had surprisingly accepted his favor.

Luckily, Duke Grande, who tried to converse more after seeing Elaine's positive reaction, suddenly closed his mouth after feeling a stinging gaze.

And following that gaze, the Duke raised his head to find the Emperor staring at him with an uncomfortable face.

'Hick! What did I do wrong?'