BHSC - Chapter 5

"Anya!"

The door was flung wide open. Elaine, who had come down from Alice's arms, greeted her lively.

"Yes, hello."

"You are cute today as well, Princess."

"Hehe."

The servants and maids who were passing by had noticed Elaine and approached her with wide grins.

Their steady stream of greetings worked. They quickly opened their hearts to Elaine, who greeted them awkwardly at first.

They came up to her hurriedly, talking to her as they rummaged around.

"Princess, this is a newly launched jam cookie from Bebe Bakery. I'll give you one."

"Well, this is candy made by my mother. There are only a few left, but I'm going to give them to you, princess."

"Princess, eat this too!"

"Mine too!"

The people were very eager to give Elaine all kinds of snacks.

She was in the midst of a crowd of people.

Elaine, who was a bit stiff after receiving so many favors from people she knew, cherished every one of their gifts and cried out with a big smile.

"Wow! Thank you, everyone!"

"Kyaa~! You're so cute!"

"Ack, I feel recharged."

Together, they clutched at their hearts and put their hand on their cheek, shaking their heads.

But such an atmosphere did not last for long.

"Now, doesn't everyone have work to do? If you keep chitter-chattering here, then you won't be able to finish your work today."

"Ugh."

"What? It only lasted for a little while, but I felt like I went to heaven".

"Yes, reality really is such a ditch."

Alice stared daggers at their complaints and shouted.

"Really, these people. Can't you just leave quickly?"

"Hick!"

Scamper.

It seemed that Alice had scared them, for the crew had run away.

Alice, who slowly lowered her raised fist, towered over everyone else. She coughed and tucked a strand of protruding hair behind her ear.

And this time, she turned to look at Elaine, who was hugging a whole armful of snacks?

Feeling anxious under her gaze, Elaine slowly backed away.

"W-Why?"

"Princess. You're not planning to eat all of them today, right?"

"Yes? There's not a lot..."

"Goodness! Are you saying that you can finish them? If you eat so much, your teeth will rot."

"B-But it's okay to eat a little..."

"Still no. It's better to feel sad than to have rotted teeth!" Alice explained to Elaine firmly.

Elaine knew she was saying it out of worry, but before her stood ten large piles of sweet heaven.

She had no intention of giving it up.