BHSC - Chapter 7

The next day.

Elaine got up early and did her usual routine.

Chat with the maids, befriend the people in the palace, and have breakfast served by the servants.

Oh, and sometimes, she would smile because she found a pile of snacks lying beside her.

While she was trying to do her best to live through this four-year-old life, she suddenly remembered what happened last night.

'Why on earth did the Emperor say that?'

She had also been asked about her father. Likewise, she subtly avoided answering the question.

It was strange no matter how much she thought about it.

'I feel sorry about something.'

Elaine's hand, which was playing with the toy, gradually slowed down.

Alice, who was wondering about why Elaine's expression worsened, approached the child and asked.

"Princess. If it's not fun, would you like to read a fairy tale book instead?"

"Huh? Sure..."

Elaine avoided Alice's worried eyes.

No matter how disturbing the feeling in her heart was, she didn't want the people, who have been working for her ever since she came here, to worry about her.

'Okay. It wasn't anything special. He must have asked just because he was curious.'

Elaine shook her head and decided to forget about what happened at that time.

She was about to get up from the soft, cushioned floor after clearing her thoughts.

Creak.

"Huh?"

"Your Majesty?"

The Emperor came through the door, walked straight up to Elaine and hugged her.

In an abrupt situation like this, Elaine's eyes darted around confusedly. Ignoring the child's eyes, the Emperor said, "I will take the child with me."

"Pardon?"

Elaine and Alice both got upset by his words.

He was going to take Elaine away....

If you think about the emperor's usual appearance, then there would be nothing unusual about what he was doing. But wasn't today an important day?

'Wait a moment. An important day?'

Alice's pupils dilated when she came up with something.

She asked in an anxious, trembling voice.

"Is Your Majesty going to take the princess to the alliance conference?"

At Alice's words, Elaine's body wriggled.

The only ally of the Benedict Empire was the Holy Empire.

Elaine looked up at the emperor with her wandering eyes, recalling the bad things that had happened in the Astor Kingdom.

'Why am I going to such a place?'

At the same time, an unknown anxiety washed over Elaine and her small, delicate body began to shake little by little.

However, the emperor simply nodded silently and ignored the child's reactions.