BHSC - Chapter 4

In the Emperor's office, dozens of times a day, his subjects came and went.

Most of the time, it was to deliver important information and issues or approve documents that needed confirmation from the Emperor. But today, a bunch of people was crowded around the doors of the office.

And they all looked unhappy.

This was because, even after the information had been delivered, their subordinates were still in the room for a very long time.

"Why aren't they going out?"

"I'm already in a hurry. Aren't they from the Intelligence Department? Are they trying to waste our time?"

The department's Lieutenants, along with the rest of the crowd, were furious.

It was absolutely unacceptable to take up people's time like this, especially when time was such a valuable part of their lives.

Instead of focusing on the people who were badmouthing the Intelligence Department, the Intelligence Minister was looking at the presence in front of him with his mouth wide open.

"Huh. I can't believe it's true..."

It was not long ago that a rumor surfaced about a four-year-old, hostage from the Kingdom of Astor that seemed to have captured the heart of the Emperor.

Hence, when he was called by the Emperor, he had rushed all the way here to find out if such a rumor was indeed true.

But there was something even more surprising.

The Information Minister, who had been absentmindedly joking about the rumor, anxiously asked, "Wait a minute. Excuse me? Could you repeat that, Princess?"

"I said, I'm planning on building a warehouse to hide in after the war is over. It will be hidden and reinforced with magic."

Next to the Emperor, Elaine was seated on a stack of fine cushions piled on top of a chair identical to the Emperor's. She spoke those words while eating some chocolate that the Intelligence Minister had offered her.

The presence of a child in the Emperor's office itself was surprising enough, but the words coming from the child's mouth could not be taken lightly.

"A safehouse that can be used as a fortress during the war, hidden by magic. That sounds like a good idea..."

"In the meantime, if we face defeat after the war, we can conceal the warehouse with magic. Other than that, this smells really good."

{Referring to the chocolate.}

"Smell? Oh! Well, this is also a secret, but my father suffers after eating it!"

"Hehe, I see. You're saying that he will get sick? Princess's father made a very big mistake with eating it, so he must suffer!"

"Oh, huh? Right. If you eat someone else's food, you must be punished."

"Is that so? Doesn't the Princess agree?"

In that moment, the child drew a distinct line between her father and King Astor as she gave up information, laughing as if she didn't know anything.

In this way, Elaine solidified her position by telling the people of the Imperial Palace what she knew.

'If I cooperate, maybe I'll become more than just an ordinary stone on the side of the road.'