1.1: FORKS

"I don't understand why we have to move to this incredibly wet town that no doubt has incredibly dry people." Vera grumbled as she rested her feet on the dashboard of her father's Bugatti as he sped nearly 150 miles per hour down the open road.

"I met your mother there; It's a sentiment, and I quite miss the town with its incredibly dry people." Her father said lightheartedly

Her mother, seldom ever brought up, expedited her into another hour of staring out the window. She knew who and what her mother was, and she knew what that made her, but other than that her father didn't like talking about her mother. Once she had brought up the idea of other women and her father scolded her, something about a mate bond -"a bond so strong not even by death would they be parted", is how he described it To find the center of her universe and have it ripped away was a harrowing experience she had watched her father go through, she hoped she would never experience something as binding as a mate bond.

Soon all she could see was green, miles and miles of green. There were two small lanes and large forests surrounded them. It was undeniably pretty, the bright hue of the moss that grew on the trunks of trees, the darker greens that the pine trees composed of. A herd of elk about a mile into the forest were drinking out of the flowing river as a flock of blue bellied birds flew overhead. This place had a lot more life than she had originally given it credit for.

In less than half the time their GPS had said they would arrive, they were in front of their new house; right on the edge of town just touching Port Angeles. It was a beautiful house, not as luxurious as their house had been in the Swiss Alps, but beautiful nonetheless. It was made of red brick, the roof was composed of ceramic oxide, and the windows were bullet proof-for reasons that were beyond Vera. It would do she supposed.

"Don't you think I'm a little old for highschool?" Vera argued incredulous at the fact that her father was making her attend Forks High school. She had attended a highschool when they lived in Tokyo and she wasn't exactly thrilled at the fact that she had to do it again.

"You don't look a day over seventeen, so no I do not." Her father responded with a light chuckle

"Can I take the Bugatti?" She was hoping with the ostentatious sports car she would get people to be intimidated by her

"That stays in the garage, any flamboyancy is to be avoided Vera." Her dad replied firmly

"You know if you wanted to stay inconspicuous, you shouldn't have gotten the job at the police precinct I mean law enforcement, really? And don't you think people will wonder how you bought this house with a USA government salary?" She asked raising her eyebrows

"Rich father is always my go-to excuse." He replied with a boyish grin.

"Sugar daddy is mine" She grumbled sarcastically as she carried her mini fridge filled with B+ blood, her favorite, up to her room.

Her and her father were so opposites it was a wonder they were related, nonetheless with his laid back personality and her uptight one they made a great team.

The next day she had taken the Mercedes Benz to school, a luxury car, but not flashy to where it drew unwanted attention. Gathering her things and pouring a blood bag into her water bottle she made her way to class. She enrolled as a senior, despite her father suggesting as a junior she didn't want to spend two years there, much preferring university to high school.

If there was one thing she despised more than zucchini it was annoying, clingy, and prodding people. This high school seemed to have no shortage of them. So she allowed herself into the minds of the students, taking away any and all of their desire to get to know her.