2.8: ICHIKA

Nightfall finally came and the five of them were off again, running towards the abandoned mall Vera and Jane had found on the map.

It was quite a lot bigger than she had expected, and the newborn vampires were definitely inside. She could hear them loud and clear, arguing amongst each other. Then she heard a louder, distinctly female voice tell them to all shut up. To her surprise, they did. "She must be the one training them" Vera thought. Clearly she wasn't the only one thinking that as Felix had looked over, raising a brow to signify his confusion.

They made their way around the mall, hoping to find an opening where they could get the female alone. However, fortunately for them, the female walked right out. Vera thought she looked familiar, but she couldn't quite place where she knew the girl from.

Once she was far enough away from the building Jane wasted no time inflicting her gift onto the girl, who fell to her knees, then onto the floor. She was in so much pain not a single sound fell from her open mouth. Venom, however spilled out; it looked like she was drooling. Once she was released from Jane's fiery grip she gasped for air and sat up, onto her knees. Felix stood behind her, ready to rip her arms out at any sudden movement.

"Vera?" The girl sputtered, recognition all over her face.

"Ichika?!" Vera all but yelled. Her old high school friend stared at her with wide scarlet eyes.

"You know her?" Jane and Felix said simultaneously

"When she was human." Vera said, still staring at the vampire on its knees "I thought the American's atomic bomb killed you."

"It nearly did. If my love, Augustine didn't find me and change me when he did I would have just been another forgotten casualty in World War Two." Ichika said, fury tainted her every word. The Volturi were the ones behind WW2, fighting with two different covens simultaneously for the addition of Demetri and Chelsea into their ranks. Augustine had explained to her the influence that vampires had unintentionally in human affairs and that in nearly every human war a vampire war paralleled it.

Demetri smirked, being reminded that the Volturi had fought a war for him was truly an ego boost. Felix stiffened at the reminder of WW2. Alec rolled his eyes not caring for the passive aggressiveness "So you admit to working alongside Augustine."

"I admit to nothing witch twin." She spat. Then she doubled over in pain again, falling to the floor, unable to move as her brain lit her body on fire.

"That's okay, you don't have to admit to anything in order for us to kill you." Jane said as she released the Ichika

"I'm disappointed in you, V. I can't imagine the devastation your father must be feeling at the fact that you're dating someone who slaughtered thousands of people. From what I remember you couldn't even allow an unborn fetus to not get the nutrition it needed. Now look at you, a vermin, a disgusting Voltur-" Before she could get the rest of her string of insults out Vera's hand met her face. A slap so hard the sound echoed off the metal lightning rod more than ten feet away from them

"I suggest you don't speak on what you don't know." Vera said calmly, too calmly. She knelt in front of her old high school friend. She took away all of the girl's desire and love for her mate, Augustine. With that gone, the loyalty quickly dissipated.

"You are not worth the time and energy already spent." Vera said "Where is Augustine? Tell me and I'll consider not allowing Felix to kill you."

"Lies, he'll kill me anyways." Ichika snarled, picking up on Vera's fib.

Vera rolled her eyes "Fine, alright. Augustine's life for yours. I swear I will not allow Felix to even touch you."

That seemed to satisfy Ichika as she said "He's on his way back from Poland. He'll be at the Václav Havel Airport in an hour."