2.11: MATRIMONY

Vera stood in the center of the dance floor, looking at all the decorations. The flowers cascaded down like a beautiful waterfall, the cake appeared delicately made and tasted almost as exquisite as it looked. It surprised her that a family that didn't eat managed to have so many delicious foods available. Alice had done a wonderful job with the decorating and the ceremony.

She had to admit, watching Bella and Edward say their vows had made her a bit sad. She wondered if Alec would ever be willing to partake in such a silly human notion. She knew he loved her, she didn't need a ceremony to prove that, but she still wondered if she would ever get one.

Now that the wedding was over she was racked with nerves. While she knew she couldn't really do much to alter the Cullens' decision she was still irrevocably distressed at her current situation.

"I'm so happy you were able to make it." A little pixie vampire came up to her, their voice like little church bells. Alice.

"I'm happy I was too." Vera said, giving the psychic a much needed hug. "It was a beautiful ceremony, Alice you did a phenomenal job."

"Really? You don't think it was too much?" Alice asked, her eyes glimmering with happiness

"I think it was perfect. Though I think the humans might be a bit stupified." Vera said, chuckling at Mike, Jessica, and Ben who all had their mouths wide open staring that the decorations.

"They just have no taste." Alice laughed. Vera decided Alice laughing was one of the most beautiful sounds. Not even Rosalie or Jane's laugh compared.

"Yeah." Vera smiled at the bubbly vampire. "So are you guys staying in Forks after this?" She asked, making sure she didn't make any decisions about what she would do with the information so Alice wouldn't see her betrayal.

"We're not sure. We think we'll come up with a story about a disease in the islands where they're honeymooning. Allow Charlie and Bella's friends to grieve. Then we'll pack up and move. It's just too much jeopardy on the town if a newborn vampire were here." Alice explained, putting the question off as Vera just wanting to remain friends and have knowledge as to where they were.

"That makes sense. So Edwards going to change her on their honeymoon?" Vera asked, curious about the timeline

"No we're going to wait until after, Bella's request." Alice said, smiling with knowledge of Bella's true wishes

"Oh." Was all Vera could say. Hopefully the Cullens got out before it was too late.

"We'll let you know where we end up going, ok?" Alice said, noticing Vera's slight distress " I know Carlisle worries about you."

"Thanks, that would be really nice actually." Vera smiled, feeling a little guilty "Speaking of Carlisle I'm going to go say hello."

She found her father's old friend slow dancing on the floor with his new daughter in law.

"Can I get the next dance?" She asked him

"Hey Vera." Bella grinned, wrapping her arms around the half breed.

"Hey Bella." Vera said, hugging her back "I've missed you."

"I missed you too." Bella said, her face in the crook of Vera's neck. "Go ahead, but I want to talk to you later." She said heading off, leaving Vera with Carlisle.

"Hey." She said as she held in hand, allowing him to lead their dance

"How've you been Vera?" He asked. He had worried for his friends daughter every day since she had gone off to the Volturi. He had been fully prepared to take her in as one of his own before she had met Alec Volturi and imprinted.