Chapter 1

3 years ago. Kaya got the call saying she would be in the show. I could never forget that day. We had just finished school and were heading home. Feeling her phone buzz against her hand, she turns it on and picks up the call. I stand there watching her, reading her face, seeing if I can find any sort of hint to what she is being told. Nothing. Wow. She was good at hiding her facial expressions. 

I was still reading her face when I hear her say, "Oh- yes. Thank you! Thank you so much!"

Oh my god. She did it. That was amazing! This is her big break! She hangs up and looks over at me. 

"You did it! Oh my god, love you actually did it! You are going to be amazing!" Despite looking happy I was a little upset. Of course I was happy she got this, but that means I won't be able to see her much.

"I know! I can't believe I got this! There were so many other people I can't believe they chose me! But wait- that mean I won't be able to see you anymore."

"I don't care. This is you DREAM. If you don't take this we can't be friends. You have to accept. This could be the start of your PERFECT career."

"Alright. Alright yeah. I'll do this. Thank you! Thank you for being the best best mate ever!"

Thats the last time I saw her. She left that night. It's been 3 years. She's made an amazing career for herself and I am just glad that I was able to know her. Me? I've been the same. Just an average person. I still have so much homework to do. I sit down at my desk in the corner of my room. I start working

---------

I didn't even realize, its been 3 hours and I'm still not done. Nonetheless I decide too take a break. I sit on my bed scrolling through tiktok. I get a text from Hailey (A/N: Hailey is your best friend after Kaya left) saying, "Hey Y/N? I know you'll probably say no but can you please, please be my model for my photography project?"

Of course she would ask that. She has been asking me that for ages. I really don't think I would be good enough to model in her pictures. I am sure there are plenty other people who would do great AND be willing. But I know she won't stop asking me.

So, reluctantly I text her back. "Fine."

Within the second she texts, "Yes!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Meet me tomorrow at the beach at 5"

"5? 5 in the morning?"

"Yes 5 in the morning"

"But that's so early!"

"I don't care. You have to get ready and dressed before sunrise. Don't worry though everything will be taken care of. You just have to show up"

"Okay. Okay. Fine I'll be there."

"Yay! Great! See you then!"

Ugh. Great. I gave to wake up early tomorrow. Better head to sleep then.

I lie down trying to go to sleep but I can't. I go downstairs to grab a snack then watch some more Netflix. Eventually I can't keep my eyes open.

---------

I wake up to Hailey calling my. I rub my eyes and try to feel around for my phone. Not completely awake I answer it and Hailey shouts in my ear.

"Y/N!! GET UP! TIME TO GO. I'LL BE AT YOUR HOUSE IN 10!"

Great. I have 10 minutes to eat and get dressed. 

---------

DING DONG