Chapter 07 ~ Long Time Been Waiting

I couldn't stop thinking about it. It just wouldn't leave my mind. They were fine when I tried them on that morning so...

...why wouldn't the stupid shoe fit!

I gave out another yelp and grunt as I tried jamming my foot further into the small space.

"You cannot do this to me... I only just bought you this morning!"

"Okay Kat, I got it now!"

I didn't turn around.

Not even another second could be wasted without these pumps snug on my feet! Jacob *middle name no time to mention* Taylor would just have to interrupt himself for the next... huff... few... huff... minutes!

"Kat!" Jake excitedly called my name again. My fuming thoughts dismantled as he sat up on my bed. "If you moved just a tad bit more quickly, you may be able to leave the house by tomorrow!"

I stopped moving.

He interrupted me for that?

I threw my purse at his stomach and grinned in satisfaction as he grunted and fell back onto the bed in pain. I proceeded to point my finger at him.

"Listen, I would have been ready by now if it weren't for you needing my help with that gift for... what's her name...?"

"Jenny-"

"Jenny," I reminded him, turning back to my shoes and shuffling again until I could finally shriek in victory as they gave in to my torturous prodding. Jake sat up from the laying position my flying purse had put him in and chuckled. I couldn't help rolling my eyes with a smirk when a love-struck smile settled on his face.

Jenny was the new head chef at the restaurant he worked at. Apparently she was a firecracker who cussed him out every time their eyes met but that was the kind of girl he went for so I had to help the poor guy when he decided to buy her a gift to congratulate her on a promotion. The only problem was that he asked for my help that afternoon, that is, during my Monday midday lunch break. There was also the intention of handing over the gift an hour after, and therefore we had to settle for the best of the worst- as I should be used to- because all the men in my life had a thing for being last minute!

A horn went off outside.

Speaking of which...

"Looks like your prince charming is here," Jake smirked, peaking out my window which gave him a view of my front yard.

I rolled my eyes with a small smile, but quicker than I expected it to, it turned into a small frown and then a look of horror when Jake snapped my picture at that same moment.

My eyes had automatically snapped shut since the guy had a bad habit of using the flash when he took pictures, but when silence reached my ears after, I slowly opened them.

Jake was looking at his phone weirdly for a second before he turned back to me.

"Um... not the reaction I was expecting but... that could work... I guess," he murmured, looking from me to the picture a couple of times before putting it back into his pocket and giving me his full attention. I quickly turned away and busied myself with final touches to my hair by my mirror.

"I had to capture you blushing your colour off and send it to Harper but," he was walking up to my side now, "obviously, something is-"

"Please," I interrupted him with a laugh, not wanting him to go where I knew he was going. "He's anything but a prince charming, and enough about that anyways! We need to talk about more important matters like what am I forgetting." I turned away from the mirror, remembering I needed to leave the house in the next two minutes before Riddian started annoying the neighbours with his honking.