Chapter 01 ~ Lasting Storm

Last night was a disaster— And I wasn't just talking about the thunderstorm which had been going on outside, but the other multiple storms which went on inside the very room I was currently curled up in!

He had left.

He had left and he didn't come back... at least not when I was still awake. He was nowhere to be found even then anyway so I'm guessing he didn't even sleep there last night.

I was pissed. And I mean really pissed. From me running off and him following, us getting into three huge fights last night, and then him... kissing me like that and then leaving... I had enough to be pissed about! And if that wasn't bad enough, I had totally forgotten about the fact that Aunt Flo would be visiting me that day of all days and so of course I didn't have any supplies to take care of myself. I was embarrassed, taking care of myself without the necessary equipment, the pain already having started.

Why did these things always have to happen to me?

I needed to get some pads and I needed to get them now, along with some new clothes. I also needed to get the address of this place because I was going to owe them a whole lot of money by the time I left.

A thunder rolling outside seemed to coincide with a cramp that ripped me in half through the womb. I wanted to cry, because of multiple things! First of all, the power was still out and there wasn't even any signal at this stupid motel. This was like a murder house except mother nature would be the one killing me. I had to see if I could get some stuff for myself, and at this point whether it were a pad or tampon, anything would do... the new clothes also being very necessary.

Thank God I hadn't messed myself yet...

I slowly pushed myself from the bed and onto the floor to stand. I had at least managed to remove the sleep from my appearance the first time I got up this morning, so I looked okay to go face anyone in this place... well, as okay as someone with a boxing tournament going on in their tummy could be.

I grabbed the key so I wouldn't be locked out of the stupid room, and with only socks on my feet, padded over to the front door to the room... that being the plan until I opened the door and saw Riddian standing there, ready to knock.

Well, just great!

We both stood silent for a while and then he opened his mouth to speak.

"Ms. Harrington, I— are you alright?"

He didn't get to say what he wanted as immediately pain shot through my tummy again. My eyes screwed shut and I had to hold on to the door for support as I wondered, 'Why now? Seriously' and 'I didn't miss the name you just referred to me by'.

Riddian grabbed my arm and began to pull me back into the room, but I quickly pulled away. I was still angry over what he did last night, so I wasn't liking the touchy-feely business. He seemed to understand this, thankfully, but didn't forget what just happened as I hoped he would.

"What was that? What's wrong?" He asked, switching over to that caring side of his that was quite rare.

I glared at him and then tried to push past him and out the door again, but he stopped me by standing in the way and closing the door instead.

"What are you doing? I need to... do something," I protested, but he was looking for something more.

"Need to do what? Are you hurt?" he asked concerned, and it bothered me since he wasn't so concerned last night to come back and talk about what happened before this morning. Was I being bitchy thinking about that now? Sue me! I'm on my period...! And yes, I just used that card!