The Fjord

"My, my, dearest Ina-yuki," the being peered through the crystal ball smirked as she amusingly watched the snow start to intensify on Axle City with every passing minute. "Yes... feel your rage... let the fjord come... let your powers grow... for soon, it will lead you back... to me,"

X

"Wa-hoo!"

"Yeah-heh!"

"Rawrr!"

"Daring-TOOON!"

"Yee-haw!"

"ZEG!"

"Ya-hoo!"

"Alright!"

The Blazing Team cheered as they drove across the jungle, heading towards Axle City.

Since the race was cancelled that morning, the group decided to take a rest and head off to the jungle for a zoom-about. Now, it was almost afternoon, and after a quick lunch at Stripes's place, they were heading back to the Monster Dome to race.

As they did, however, a chilly wind met them on their travel, causing Zeg to shiver.

"Brr!" he shuddered. "That cold!"

"Cold wind? On a Summer Day?" Gabby frowned as she looked up at the now grey and cloudy sky. "That... doesn't sound right,"

"And since when does it snow during Summer?" Watts asked, looking up to see snow fall from the sky.

"Woah!" Blaze skidded to a stop, as did the others. "Huh, that IS strange,"

"How could there be snow?!" Darington was confused. "It was BURNING hot just this morning!"

"This CAN'T be normal," Stripes said.

"And it looks like the snow is gettin' worse the closer we get to Axle City!" Starla observed.

"We better get back fast!" AJ told them.

"Right," Blaze nodded in agreement. "AJ, give me some speed!"

The boy stepped on the acceleration then the group all zoomed off towards their city. When it came into view, however, they were horrified with what they saw.

The entire city was frozen over with frost, snow and ice. All the buildings were frosted over, all the streets were ice and every truck was gathered together, shivering at the cold and trying to warm themselves up. Snow fell hard from the grey, darkened sky, each snowflake looking bigger and falling faster than the last.

"What happened?!" Darington's jaw dropped.

"Stripes, do you know what's going on here?" Gabby turned to the tiger truck.

"I... I don't believe it..." Stripes was speechless as he stared at the city.

"Why?" Blaze asked. "What happened to the city?"

"The city... it's been cursed into an Eternal Winter..."

X

Crusher came out of his room, feeling much more relaxed than earlier after some peace and quiet, and also a nap.

The air was cold and chilly when he woke up, which was odd because it was still Summer, but it felt relaxing that he just shrugged it off.

He should have been more suspicious of it, though.

"Pickle?" he looked around the dining room to find his best friend. "Where did you go?"

"I-In the living room, Crusher!" Pickle's voice echoed from the other room.