...But it ultimately leads to some nice moments

"so... this world has demigods too, right? since there are gods?"

Alecto snarled at that.

"There are demigods", she allowed, "but few and far between."

Nico nodded.
This world was different in many ways.
Apparently one of those differences was the gods' ability for self-control. Or as some of his friends might have said, their sluttiness.

"Where I'm from, there are a lot of us." he paused for a moment. "Like. A lot. so many that we're organized. We have camps, to protect us from vicious monsters." he glanced at Alecto. "uh, no offence."

"None taken", she grunted.

"Well, uh. I live in one of those camps. Camp half blood." He refused to let himself choke up at the name. "And everything was, you know, normal. We had won 'capture the flag'. Well, the athena cabin won, and Hades had an alliance with them. Then I helped - umm - the Apollo cabin, in fixing up the injured. Nothing drastic though, and no fatalities."

"From a game of capture the flag? Nice."

These words, uttered by Jason, were the first any bat-family member had spoken since the beginning of Nico's explanation.
So far they had all just sat there, observing the conversation between him and Alecto. Tim especially seemed to be collecting information in an almost surgical manner, though he never stopped sipping his coffee.
But now that Jason had spoken, it was as if a dam had broken. they all burst out with their own questions.

"What is 'capture the flag'?"

"you live in camps?"

"So you really are the son of a god?"

"we should contact Wonderwoman, this is more her thing-"

"I think she's at that league thing with Bats-"

"I can call Cassie, her dad's zeus-"

"Raven could still be of assistance-"

"oh my god, we get it, you have friends now-"

"Just because your gaggle of redhead criminals disbarred-"

"Why do people always forget bizzaro? he was a great, considerate teammate-"

"careful Jay, your humanity is showing-"
"fuck you, disco-man-"

"you promised you wouldn't bring that up!"

"And Damian promised he'd stop collecting animals, but we still have batcow, don't we?"

"That is irrelevant, and the batcow is a bigger asset to us than you are-"

"Control these mortals or I will, child", Alecto said, snapping Nico out of the daze he was in while listening to the now familiar bat-banter.
Honestly, he didn't think anyone could control them, maybe other than Alfred.

Dick seemed to notice his hesitation and stood up, abandoning his argument about bad style choices.

"Guys", he addressed his siblings, "let's take it one step at a time. Nico, you were saying?"
It was like that guy had some kind of brotherly magic, the way he sensed whenever anyone younger needed even the slightest support. If this were Nico's world he'd have wondered whether there was a god of being a good brother, because Dick Grayson would have been that god's son.

"Yeah", he said. "So after everything was done, I went to bed. Fell asleep. And when I woke up, it was in a random alley in gotham. I still had my pillow under my head, like whatever - or whoever - transported me, didn't want to wake me up. That's why I still had this picture with me-" he took the precious possession out of his pocket, though a bit hesitantly. He showed it to Alecto as briefly as possible before putting it back into his pocket.