Trauma Dumping on the floor is how friendships are forged, don't @ me

They set up that meeting room as the base of operations, primarily because of the coffee machine, which turns out to be a lifesaver. They've been at it for two days now, with league members occasionally dropping in to see how it's going. Batman video calls every four hours on the dot and checks in. They usually don't have an update for him. They're getting practically no sleep, but they have made some progress.

Probably.

At the very least, they've mapped out a potential area on this world for each of their friends to appear, based on general connections to that area's superhero. It's a long list.

Reyna, Nico, and Annabeth only needed to hear Aquaman's name before marking him down as being Percy's destination, no doubt about it.

Zatanna might receive Hazel, Piper, or both since they both have certain magic. She could also get anyone from the Hecate cabin, but so far three out of three people sent here were directly involved in the last two wars, so they figure it's likely to be part of the pattern too.

Still, they'll keep an eye out.

Black Canary might also get Piper because they both use powers related to their voices. Captain Marvel hasn't been in yet, but supposedly he has something to do with lightning, so he might get Thalia, Jason, or both.

Martian Manhunter was sent immediately to Mars in case Frank appears there, with both of them being some form of shapeshifters. Nico really hopes that doesn't actually happen. Poor Frank does not deserve to wake up in the middle of Mars with no idea how he got there, and only a green stranger to explain, as nice as Manhunter seems to be.

Literally any female demigod could be sent to Themiscyra.

Hawkwoman or her male counterpart could get Jason since he flies, Leo could get sent to Flash purely based on ADHD levels, or to Cyborg because of the whole mechanic thing (is that offensive?), but any other number of loosely connected pairs of heroes and demigods could also happen at any given moment.

(There's also a tiny part of him that sees how Green Arrow is a blond archer and hopes for Will. He squashes that hope because A, it's terrible to hope his boyfriend gets kidnapped into another world, and B, he knows he's not that lucky.)

On the whole, the list feels like progress, but also a bit like a crazy conspiracy theory board with the red yarn and everything. Nico is tired, and when Reyna pulls him aside and tells him to get some sleep it takes a few seconds to register in his half-dead brain. He blinks at her in confusion.

"And leave you guys to do all the work? C'mon. I've gone longer on less sleep. I'm fine."

He tries to get back to the list - they have so much to go over.
This world is insane. There are more shapeshifters and animal related heroes they didn't hear about, one of whom does not wear pants. There are something like 6 or 7 fire-related heroes that could totally get Leo, a million more magic users that could get Piper and his sister...

But before he can grab the paper closest to him, Reyna speaks again.

"It's not just the sleep, Nico. You need a break. Take one."

She looks so serious, her hand now on his shoulder, and suddenly he's angry.

Is he so weak that he needs pity? Needs to be looked after? Is that what she sees when she looks at him?

He's been through two wars. Years of loneliness. Losing a mother and a sister. Internalized bullshit from being raised catholic in the thirties, being trapped in a jar, fucking Tartarus, and so much more. He's not going to break from two days of no sleep and a surprise visit to another world, and it's insulting that his friend - his trusted ally - would think otherwise.